Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > New rifle purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 186 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedUSMC View Post
Wow haha tons of replies. Let me try to get y'all with one post.
Thanks everyone for you're enthusiastic responses (sorry if you got jealous, you know who you are lol ) yes I'll have a range report and tons more pics and I'll update if I change the rifle, upgrades, stock, scope etc... The mag it comes with and was a shock to me is a 10 rounder, I had heard it came with a 5 so that made me happy. I can't wait to shoot it
As for the babe in a bikini holding it... I'd ask my lady to do it but..... She has no idea I bought this and I plan to keep it that way as long as possible
Big Red, I think you got a pre-ban high capacity

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 09-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #12

Liked 57 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt

Big Red, I think you got a pre-ban high capacity
You messing with me? Lol
Old 09-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have two M1As myself...great rifle, personally my favorite. It comes with a 10 round magazine, but 20 rounders are available for those who live in states that allow them.

Little secret.....Checkmate is actually the manufacturer of Springfield Armories magazines for the M1A....you can get those in 15,20 and even 25 rounders, and usually at a savings over the ones stamped Springfield Armory

Old 09-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellgunworks
I have two M1As myself...great rifle, personally my favorite. It comes with a 10 round magazine, but 20 rounders are available for those who live in states that allow them.

Little secret.....Checkmate is actually the manufacturer of Springfield Armories magazines for the M1A....you can get those in 15,20 and even 25 rounders, and usually at a savings over the ones stamped Springfield Armory
Do you have trouble putting in a full mag with the bolt forward? I can only put it in full with it locked back

Old 10-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

You shouldn't have any problems putting in a full mag (yours appears to be a 10 rounder) into the gun with bolt forward.... I'm sure you already know this but the mags go in more like an AK or mini 14 with a rock back to lock. Not straight in like AR mags....

If you are still having problems try 9 rounds and see what happens.

In my experience the M14/ M1A platform need a break in period... mine functioned flawlessly after I put about 150 rounds through it.....and I shoot a lot of Wolf ammo through mine...again with no issues after the break in......

Old 10-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #16

9 rounds works great but ten I can get it in with a ton of effort but forget about charging it.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #17
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You might want to check the mag spring to make sure it isn't backwards.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #18

How would it look differently? I don't know much about mags but this one fits all ten rounds and functions. It just won't depress enough and if we're in backwards wouldn't it not function at all?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:22 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

BigRed....you inspired me to dig out the mags that came with my rifles...and sure enough I have the same problem as you do with one of them....

I'm not completely sure but to me it looks like the mag is to short to get enough leverage to rock it back and lock it properly....I hardly used the mags that came with it so I guess I never noticed that problem..... get yourself a Check Mate industries magazine, at least a 15 rounder....bet it works just fine fully loaded.... I have no explanation as to why the 10 rounder doesn't function completely

Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellgunworks
BigRed....you inspired me to dig out the mags that came with my rifles...and sure enough I have the same problem as you do with one of them....

I'm not completely sure but to me it looks like the mag is to short to get enough leverage to rock it back and lock it properly....I hardly used the mags that came with it so I guess I never noticed that problem..... get yourself a Check Mate industries magazine, at least a 15 rounder....bet it works just fine fully loaded.... I have no explanation as to why the 10 rounder doesn't function completely
Thanks for trying it out and I definitely will be buying some 15 and 20 round mags so thanks for the advise. As disappointed as I am I can't top it off I'm still glad I have an amazing .308 battle rifle regardless. The mag just need a little breaking in