New cabine to me
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > New cabine to me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default New cabine to me

I was in Ohio this week visiting another daughter and grand kids again, and we took the time to run by MKS Supply thinking that they were an outlet for Hi-Point guns. Turns out that they do the marketing and advertising, but they directed me to the Vandalia Range and Armory outside Dayton. What a place! Hey have so many handguns in their glass cases that it's hard to get a hand in there to remove one. The walls of the long gun room are covered as well. I looked at several carbines as well as handguns for my daughter. After fondling a Hi-Point 9mm 995TS carbine, I had to have it for varmints and home defense. The price was right at $259 and I carried it out the door. She liked the Kahr CM9, but will go back with her husband to try a rental on the indoor range.

Anyone have one of these great carbines? The iron sights are great with a protected front sight and a peep sight at the rear. The rear stock extension is spring loaded to remove all recoil. I have ordered the built in magazine holder with a couple extra mags from the company. I also ordered a red dot. I don't know that I need it, but I like a red dot. Any experience here?

Dave

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That sounds great. Congrats.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Awaiting the range report.....

Congrats on the new shooter!

People get the government they deserve.