New Bushmaster ACR Slam Fires .223 ammo - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > New Bushmaster ACR Slam Fires .223 ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Good stuff. That's not too bad of a turn around time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya, hoping it runs like a champ now!

Old 10-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Resolved

Range report:

I took the repaired ACR to the range. I tried 5 types, a box each of .223, and a few boxes of 5.56, without any problems. Today at least 200 rounds of several different types were fired without any feed problem or failure. It appears as though there was a repairable problem, and Bushmaster repaired it to my satisfaction.

I shot 3 types of Hornaday ammo, Remington, Winchester, and some surplus.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #23

Glad it worked out for you! How is the ACR? I would love to get the opportunity to shoot one one day. How does it compare to an AR? That is the closest thing I have shot to the ACR. Also, how exactly does the Adaptive part of the rifle work?

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 11-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How does an ACR compare to an AR? Well it is like comparing a Corvette to a Porsche. Both are excellent at what they do. You feel a little snobbier with an ACR, and others say "Oh he has one of those", with disdain.

Seriously, it is very nice. I am happy with my purchase. Other rifles do things better, they always will, no matter what you bought. I plan on keeping mine and handing it down to a deserving individual someday. Until then I will use and shoot it until the barrel wears out. Then I will remove the hand-guard, give the barrel a 1/4 twist, remove it and install another one.... Maybe another .223, or maybe a 6.5, or I am sure by then the will have a .300 BLK.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:17 AM   #25

Default Ixlr8

IXLR8 quote: Other rifles do things better, they always will, no matter what you bought. I plan on keeping mine and handing it down to a deserving individual someday. Until then I will use and shoot it until the barrel wears out. Then I will remove the hand-guard, give the barrel a 1/4 twist, remove it and install another one.... Maybe another .223, or maybe a 6.5, or I am sure by then the will have a .300 BLK.

OK..what other things are better on other rifles? Please give me details, cause i'm fixing to buy one! (ACR).

Other quote: Maybe another .223, or maybe a 6.5, or I am sure by then the will have a .300 BLK.

The only other barrel option as of now is (6.8 SPC). And I would think that a (7.62 x 51/308 winchester) would be next, if military is interested...

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDM45ACP View Post
IXLR8 quote: Other rifles do things better, they always will, no matter what you bought. I plan on keeping mine and handing it down to a deserving individual someday. Until then I will use and shoot it until the barrel wears out. Then I will remove the hand-guard, give the barrel a 1/4 twist, remove it and install another one.... Maybe another .223, or maybe a 6.5, or I am sure by then the will have a .300 BLK.

OK..what other things are better on other rifles? Please give me details, cause i'm fixing to buy one! (ACR).

Other quote: Maybe another .223, or maybe a 6.5, or I am sure by then the will have a .300 BLK.

The only other barrel option as of now is (6.8 SPC). And I would think that a (7.62 x 51/308 winchester) would be next, if military is interested...
The rifle is so easy to disassemble that it is an ideal platform for a manufacturer to develop and field accessories for. It is built from quality materials, and does not require any special tools. Since I wrote my first reply, I also purchased a SCAR 17. It is very close in construction, but the barrel is a bitch to remove. The SCAR 17 also uses non standard magazines.
The ACR is really the best of the best. A dedicated sniper rifle will be more accurate, but is not as flexible. Buy one, you will not be disappointed. Some people are looking for an SBR, and the ACR will be heavier than the stoner designed AR-15 in that role. I have owned the ACR for a year now, and I do not have a single regret. It will have a very respective place in the history of firearms.

The caliber of the man counts more than the caliber of his gun.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1309 Times on 892 Posts
Likes Given: 1370

I have a MAS that will slam fire every so often.

When all else fails.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:12 AM   #28

I have a ACR and read that they are recalled. Not good

Last edited by 01coltcolt; 09-10-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

You shouldn't have to be finicky w/ ammo in a good rifle. Blaming the ammo is a cop-out. Kinda like guys saying Russian steel ammo is garbage because it won't fire reliably in their AR made by a company known for producing unreliable firearms.

I'm glad you got your rifle back. The sad thing is you had to send it back for something that should have never occurred.

I really like the look of the rifle, its to bad it's had so much negativity attached to it.