NEED HELP ASAP!! Beretta M9 or WASR-10?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > NEED HELP ASAP!! Beretta M9 or WASR-10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 703 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 1931

Default NEED HELP ASAP!! Beretta M9 or WASR-10?

Haven't gotten any new toys lately, having withdrawal symptoms, should I buy another handgun (M9) or the AK (WASR-10), found the M9 for just under 600 I think it was, the AK is $350 on sale??? M9 for CCW and fun (I know it's big, I carry a full size 1911 now) AK for wasting ammo and destroying that which I deem appropriate in a hail of very inaccurate bullets. AR-15 is coming shortly, can't wait.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by sputnik1988; 01-30-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

WASR and take the difference, get a 2 cans of Ammo and have fun.

Don't forget the Bayonet.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5510 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 358

i would skip the m9 they arent very good.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i would skip the m9 they arent very good.
Please tell me that was a typo..
But I'd have to agree with the option of buying the WASR-10 and either 2 cans of ammo or saving it for parts or another gun.
If the M9 is used I'd probably skip it though...chances are its been put through hell if it is used. As good as their reputation is, it can wear out when used in excess.
On the comment about carrying a full size 1911 and switching to the M9, the M9 is fatter than the single stack 1911 in most cases.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:53 AM   #5

Likes Given: 1

Default also for the waser

because if any of the assault weapon ban's happen you could still get the pistol I would buy the rifle now and maybe the pistol later.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 AM   #6

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 983

No matter what our military did, the M9 can never replace the 1911. Get the WASR!

As far as a full frame 9mm, I'd vote Hi-Power especially since you're familiar with the 1911.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
Please tell me that was a typo..
no typo.

had tons of failures with em when they were adopted mainly cracked frames had to send em back to depot for replacement. we did some unofficial torture tests. we had about 2500 rounds of extra 9mm to shoot so we loaded up 50 mags just to see what would happen non-stop. somwhere between mags sixteen and eighteen the would cease to cycle due to heat.

repeated the same test with the 1911's we had from ww2 couldnt make em fail my duty 1911 went 1200~ rounds without failure. we still had the 1911's as the transition had not fully occured yet.

kinda ridicuous ammount of rounds but between that and constant breakage i got a pretty low opinion of em.

as long as you dont really need to use it or use it infrequently the m9 should be ok i suppose. the army really got screwed over adopting that pos. the sig p226 would have been a better choice as would the cz75 or browning hi-power.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Most of the failures in the M9/92 models were in the 1980s and early '90s. There's plenty of documentation on those pistols' slides spliting in half but unless the pistol is actually 15 years old I dont think that would be a problem as Beretta was forced to fix those problems so they could have the military contract. One of the weird things about that topic is there was a military specification that the slide be a disposable part, they concentrated on the frame being able to withstand 5,000 rounds. The frames cracking were deemed "cosmetic only" by the military but had to be fixed as well by Beretta because it voided the military contract.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

berreta isnt the sort of company that emotes an air of trust in them fixing anything for the civilian market. most civilians dont shoot that much so they can get away with a lot more cheesy quality controls nd they have a long history of cutting safety and quality corners. if they will intentionally screw over our soldiers for a buck or two they wont hesitate to do it to civys. its why i dont have a berreta in my safe.

i have a similar opinion of Fabrique Nationale.

least thats my opinion. others may have a different take. if you like em im not gonna slam ya for it. its your money and they do look cool.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can understand your dislike due to your experiences with them. I suppose everyone has at least one company that they dont trust as much as others, mine would be Ruger. Plenty of reasons why I dont trust them, both personal and mechanical.
I like the guns that come from the FN designers but never had any personal experience with them. The only thing that comes close to FN is my FAL which isnt saying much since its a unibrow feed ramp from Century Arms International.

Last edited by Ruzai; 02-02-2011 at 06:32 AM.