My Kel-Tec SU-16C - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

My Kel-Tec SU-16C

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5741 Times on 3365 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It's neat, but i still can't visualize somebody holding that stock comfortably.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #12

I like the idea...Been looking at a friend's PLR-16 he wants to trade me..I just didn't want a pistola..until now!
Bill

Old 07-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #13

Liked 41 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplay52 View Post
I like the idea...Been looking at a friend's PLR-16 he wants to trade me..I just didn't want a pistola..until now!
Bill
What I'll really like about having my pistol turned into a SBR is I can still use the guns original pistol grip if I feel the urge but have the option of using a vgrip, the original pistol grip, a folding stock or any combo of the above as I want without worrying about getting into legal hot water with the feds.

Like I said earlier, I'll have your SU-16C but with about 7" less barrel.

Last edited by rachilders; 07-15-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #14

rachilders - Nice PLR. It will look sweet when you put the stock on it. Those things are real flame throwers!

Old 07-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #15

Liked 219 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 305

I thought that if a firearms was shipped from the factory as a handgun it had to stay a handgun??? Can you just get the stamp and put a stop on a handgun and make it a SBR and not get in any hot water with the law? I have no clue about that sort of thing.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #16

A lot of people get pistol versions of the AR, AK, SIG and other "black" rifles and put shoulder stocks on them. Much easier than having a full length rifle that has to be cut down, the barrel & gas system's modified and re-tuned, etc. Many people prefer to modify the assault style pistols because there are already rifle versions available with stocks and other parts/accessories that will need little or no modification. Just fill out the Form 1 - it can be downloaded from the BATF web site - send in the $200 fee for the stamp, wait for the paperwork to be returned (as little as 6 weeks or as long as 12 weeks or more) then build your gun.

Essentially, you buy your pistol, get the stamp and add the stock in that order. DO NOT modify a gun BEFORE you complete the paperwork and receive approval from the ATF if you will be making a Class III or AOW classified firearm! If you're caught, you WILL regret it.

Last edited by rachilders; 07-16-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:43 AM   #17

Liked 219 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 305

Ok...you learn something new everyday. I thought that it was illegal! That's why I ask the questions and you all answer.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:29 AM   #18

My SU-16 was set up similar to the OP's, with a reddot. My daughter felt my other Black rifles were to heavy for her. She only stands 4'10" at 23y/o.

She shoots the hell out of it. It has proven to be very reliable.

The SRB using a pistol version seems to be the way to go. I will not own a AR type weapon though. Waiting for a "pistol" version of my SCAR Mk16s in 5.56 NATO.

Maybe if Ruger makes a pistol version?

Good luck.

Fred

"Mindset-Skillset-Toolset" -- Col John Boyd who gave us the "OODA" concept

“To lead untrained men in to war, is to waste them.” - Confucius

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality” - Ayn Rand

Stupid should hurt

Old 07-18-2011, 01:10 AM   #19

For you guys with PLRs or thinking about getting one, have you seen this handguard?

Midwest Industries: KEL-TEC PLR-16 PRODUCT

It's pretty dang cool. I wonder if it would work on an SU.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #20

Very interesting. I'd probably look into one but I already have the one from K-T. Also, the one from K-T costs about 1/3 what the Midwest hand guard lists for. Still, it is nice and if you want a PLR that's different, it would look good! As for whether it would fit an SU, I don't see why not, though it might be a bit short.

Newest Threads