Mp7 suppresor

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Mp7 suppresor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mp7 suppresor

Ok so I met someone at my school and we just started having a casual conversation about guns and what'll be new in the next couple years and when I brought up the mp7 and how the only army's that adopted it are replacing it with different pdws for different reasons and when he asked what reasons I said familiarity more mass produced cartridges and rate of fire he then argued saying that the rate of fire reason was "bs" because H&K made a suppressor that increases the rate of fire but my knowledge on suppressors is that they dissipate the gas as to produce les noise and muzzle flash and he also says its like the best one but I didn't think they could increase the rate of fire of guns because in order for them to do that they would have to be directly linked to the weapons gas system wouldn't it? and he's just saying its attachable and that really wouldn't make any sense I mean It probably would be possible if it was internally suppressed but it would prove him wrong cuz there is no mp7 model that's internally suppressed so I don't know there could be one but I wouldn't know off it and sorry for such a long post but I appreciate any feedback on my question

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

You are correct, suppressors lower the decibel level of the gun shots by redirecting gas and reduce muzzle flash. The action is where the rate of fire comes from.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7768 Times on 4213 Posts
Likes Given: 16424

Rate of fire is controlled by the cycling of the action.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know it's just some guns have a gas operated action even though the mp7 isn't one of them but a suppressor can't increase a weapons fire rate can it?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 AM   #5

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Your colleague is a mr. Knowitall who is trying to sound smart to impress you. You know the type, always have the random fact that your too lazy to google. Just right him off ass a egotistical jackass from now on. And I could see the the mp7 replaced simply because the ammo is so odd. What is it like a 4.8x???. It's the only gun that shoot the round. That more odd than FNs 5.7.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch416 View Post
I know it's just some guns have a gas operated action even though the mp7 isn't one of them but a suppressor can't increase a weapons fire rate can it?
not that i know of, no it can't increase the rate of fire. as stated, the cyclic rate is dependent upon design of the action system.

as stated, a suppressor quiets down the cartridge the same way a muffler does on a vehicle. for cartridge to be fully suppressed it has to be sub-sonic ammo as well, below around 1100 FPS in muzzle velocity IIRC.

i saw some tests on some firearms years ago about whether a suppressed firearm lost muzzle velocity. in the tests they showed a very small decrease in muzzle velocity as a general rule vs. an unsuppressed firearm of the same type.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the feedback and ya I can see that too cuz it's 4.8X57mm so that's one of the big canadites for its removal because most of the other countries have weapon systems that fire the 7.62 or 5.56 in that position

Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Suppressors can raise the rate of fire due to increased back pressure. They also help some firearms function more reliably for the same reason.
That is one of the reasons some use an Endine hydraulic buffer in their FA M-16's. I use one in my AR-15 to keep the increased back pressure from battering my lower when shooting suppressed.

Here's my poor man's MP7.

Last edited by KingTiger; 07-17-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #9

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts

Nice MAC King! What brand and model is it?

Old 07-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Thanks. It started out as a SWD M11/9, the lower & FCG are about the only original parts on it now. It has the Lage slow fire upper & accessories. I use the configuration it's in now, with the .22 conversion, more than anything else. Shooting subsonic 9mm, suppressed, is pretty much fun too!