Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > The most accurate M-14 what would its innards be

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The most accurate M-14 what would its innards be

If I sold a kidney, and decided to fill my sage ebr stock with the finest most accurate, most durableist components ever presented to man via Prometheus himself that money could by, what would they be, please speak from personal experience with great detail and pictures

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8411 Times on 3645 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Well, if you just want to drool a bit (cause you can't buy one of these)......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_sniper_rifle

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Well, if you just want to drool a bit (cause you can't buy one of these)......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_sniper_rifle
on occasion springfield armory releases one or two to the public of pretty much that very gun. rare indeed.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanCTF
If I sold a kidney, and decided to fill my sage ebr stock with the finest most accurate, most durableist components ever presented to man
I would box up said stock, print out an order form, and send it off to Smith Enterprises for a custom Crazy Horse build.

Matt g turned me onto these guys and after handling one of their weapons at SHOT I can definitely say they produce a quality rifle. Alas no trigger time, but they are on my "To Appropriate" list for coming paydays.

JD

Old 07-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #5

They're actually at the top of my list, what with them being in the great state of Arizona as well, I'm waiting to make the drive to their home office once I have the funds, provided I don't stumble upon someone better, I'm also biased because I've come to know their military builds well :wink:

Old 07-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I had never heard of them. The M-14/M-21 were never really high on my "like" list - but I have done a ton of reading here from people that use them and got interested in them.

Matt G had the Crazy Horse on a short list and we got into an in-depth discussion about them one night. Matt had experience with them in his military time and he was SUPER big on them.

After meeting a couple of the guys at the show, and handling the weapon, it is impressive. It's not a rifle I would want to hike deep off road into ANYWHERE with it across my back, but I would know when I got to where I was going, it would hit what I was aiming at.

I look forward to your report of where you end up. Please keep us, or at least me, informed.

JD