married white female seeking badass assult rifle. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > married white female seeking badass assult rifle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Does anyone else think it's humorous that people who can't even spell "assault" think they know what it is!
LOL. That's why I only use words that I can spell. And "assault rifle" is not in my vocabulary.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6550 Times on 3651 Posts
Likes Given: 6194

the Suggestion for the Colt was excellent.

And remember, a Colt AR-15 is ALREADY tactical.

There's BIG, BIG DIFFERENCE between tactical and "tacti-kewl."

Tactical is a fighting rifle for serious use. "tacti-kewl" is to impress the "pimples and potato chips" crowd.

The Colt is battle ready out of thee box. A nice optical sight, like an ACOG, or an Aimpoint is a good addition.

But you don't need beta drums, flood lights, laser lights, raccoon tails, mud flaps or the the rest of the krap you see some folks hand on and AR.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

A copy of a sub machine gun.

Considering she's looking for a first long gun, assumption made due to the fact a long gun prompted her to start this thread, and she has a $1200 budget the clone would not fit her request IMO. I do agree it would be a fun firearm for the range just not my first choice as I would recommend something a little more defensive minded. My dedicated. 22 AR is fun and cheap but that's where it stops.
Yea your absolutely right $1200 wouldn't be enough to buy a $600 GSG5 plus an additional $300 for optics and an additional $300 for ammo and accessories. With her being a new shooter its a much much better idea for her not to start with a 22LR that she could go to the range and shoot all day long developing good shooting habits and skills no she needs knock down power for those long range paper targets so what do you think an AR 10, maybe a .50 beowulf that way her FIRST rifle can be powerful enough to drop a whole gang of bad guys because after all the bigger the round the less accurate shooting we have to do because a shot to an intruders leg from a bigger caliber is much much more devastating than half a dozen well placed center mass shots from a only for fun little 22LR. You right much better idea to get a rifle that she can go to the range and spend $100 a pop on ammo and only get to shoot a box or two of ammo. That will make her more than proficient at shooting because like I said she can always compensat good shooting habits and skills with a larger round right? I must of missed the part where she said she was looking for a defensive round it must of been in the same part in the conversion that you actually suggested something for her other than just taking apart my comment. But hey what do I know Im just a dumb Marine Corps grunt who's life revolves around special weapons and tactics. By the way just incase she doesn't thank you Id personally like to thank you for you opinion that had absolutely nothing to do with her post and the outstanding suggestion you failed to give to a new shooter. Very stellar

Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #44

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_tap

Yea your absolutely right $1200 wouldn't be enough to buy a $600 GSG5 plus an additional $300 for optics and an additional $300 for ammo and accessories. With her being a new shooter its a much much better idea for her not to start with a 22LR that she could go to the range and shoot all day long developing good shooting habits and skills no she needs knock down power for those long range paper targets so what do you think an AR 10, maybe a .50 beowulf that way her FIRST rifle can be powerful enough to drop a whole gang of bad guys because after all the bigger the round the less accurate shooting we have to do because a shot to an intruders leg from a bigger caliber is much much more devastating than half a dozen well placed center mass shots from a only for fun little 22LR. You right much better idea to get a rifle that she can go to the range and spend $100 a pop on ammo and only get to shoot a box or two of ammo. That will make her more than proficient at shooting because like I said she can always compensat good shooting habits and skills with a larger round right? I must of missed the part where she said she was looking for a defensive round it must of been in the same part in the conversion that you actually suggested something for her other than just taking apart my comment. But hey what do I know Im just a dumb Marine Corps grunt who's life revolves around special weapons and tactics. By the way just incase she doesn't thank you Id personally like to thank you for you opinion that had absolutely nothing to do with her post and the outstanding suggestion you failed to give to a new shooter. Very stellar
Did you read her original post? You're the one that brought up the defense aspect.

How fast does it take an attacker to close distance? As a high speed, special weapons and tactics grunt you should know how long it would take to put "half a dozen" rounds into a "bad guy."

Who said anything about large caliber rounds besides you? Nobody. If you would read first you would know i recommended an AR which fires 5.56. But you already know that with your special weapons and tactics experience.

Who said anything about a gang of bad guys besides you? Nobody. Who's engaging a gang of bad guys?

Are you saying caliber dictates ability? So our military would be better suited with .22lr? Lets cycle out all M16/M4s in exchange for 10/22s.

Just like the other thread, read before you post.

Lastly, do you think that picture represents the Corp. In a positive light?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #45

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_tap

You lost alot of credibility when you called a gsg5 a "bad a$$ assault rifle" and that avatar is not helping your credibility either. Lighten up chief, its a forum, not everyone will agree with your OPINION..

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Did you read her original post? You're the one that brought up the defense aspect.

How fast does it take an attacker to close distance? As a high speed, special weapons and tactics grunt you should know how long it would take to put "half a dozen" rounds into a "bad guy."

Who said anything about large caliber rounds besides you? Nobody. If you would read first you would know i recommended an AR which fires 5.56. But you already know that with your special weapons and tactics experience.

Who said anything about a gang of bad guys besides you? Nobody. Who's engaging a gang of bad guys?

Are you saying caliber dictates ability? So our military would be better suited with .22lr? Lets cycle out all M16/M4s in exchange for 10/22s.

Just like the other thread, read before you post.

Lastly, do you think that picture represents the Corp. In a positive light?
Man MJ, you are getting a lot of love today.

But in his defense, maybe he saw the title of the thread "a bada$$ assault rifle" and he just thought to himself hey a .22lr is the most bada$$ thing I own.

Anyway my ten year old daughter shoots and is learning good shooting skills vary well with my AR 15.

I guess when a 22lr is all you own a .223 might seam to be a "large caliber"

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #47

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978

Man MJ, you are getting a lot of love today.

But in his defense, maybe he saw the title of the thread "a bada$$ assault rifle" and he just thought to himself hey a .22lr is the most bada$$ thing I own.

Anyway my ten year old daughter shoots and is learning good shooting skills vary well with my AR 15.

I guess when a 22lr is all you own a .223 might seam to be a "large caliber"
I know, right

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Does anyone else think it's humorous that people who can't even spell "assault" think they know what it is!
I think people who criticize other peoples typeos are silly. It was a mistake...I know how to spell it thank you.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #49

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 86

/thread

10dchar

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #50

Liked 4986 Times on 2415 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I just picked up a complete PSA chambered in 5.56 from Joebob's (link at the top of the page) for 700 and some change, but you could also go with those .22LR versions as well.
She said she did NOT want a Girlie Gun....