Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > M1a socom2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M1a socom2

Looking for input.
I currently have an M1A SOCOM2 with a VLTOR M1S-1E Modstock, and a solid fixed HARRIS bipod and will be purchasing a BETA C-MAG(100 round dual drum) and plan to do slight changes to the guts of "the beast." Im looking for input as to a sight, scope, or anything that would be a good match for this type of setup. THINK END OF THE WEORLD, SHHIT HAS HIT THE FAN, ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE type of weapon.
STANDARD

If ever you should be tortured,
Have something to admit.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #2

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Nice weapon! Hmmm... EOTW... M1A + 100rds + more ammo + your other gear... How about a bipod and go seriously work out in the gym!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Throw the drum in the trash, get a 1-4x optic and familiarize yourself with your rifle.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

I am well "versed," with my system. "lets start the build," Has become the next obvious step. As for the weight of all equipment plus weapon and ammo and lets not forget "sustainment, and nurishment," Im sure I'll be fine. Twice deployed , well aware of my physical limits and abilities.

If ever you should be tortured,
Have something to admit.