M14/m1a
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > M14/m1a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M14/m1a

Here is what I bought (possibly stole for the price) today. Got everything in the picture. The m14/M1A is such and addicting rifle. Since this is my 3rd in as many weeks I think I am going to have to treat the wife.

100_1097.jpg  

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Muahahahahaah!!!!!!!!!!!! You are off to a GREAT start.

Tell me about that spare barrel. And what did you pay for it all?

And can you post a close up of that Vortex?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 AM   #3

SAK 7791362-8-72-8068808 is the numbers on it, there is barely visable NM on the barrel. The receiver is an enterprise arms , but it is together and it shoots sooooo.....thats a plus. $1500.00 for all.

100_1100.jpg   100_1106.jpg  

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #4

Great deal!

Find someone to check the TE/MW on that Saco Lowell NM barrel. Has it been mounted? Let's see some chamber end pics (Not blurry this time, please).

How are the mags marked?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It sounds like a great deal to me, especially if those are 200rd. battle packs in the green pouches.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
It sounds like a great deal to me, especially if those are 200rd. battle packs in the green pouches.
They are south african 140 rnd battle packs.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Great deal!

Find someone to check the TE/MW on that Saco Lowell NM barrel. Has it been mounted? Let's see some chamber end pics (Not blurry this time, please).

How are the mags marked?
the barrel was originally on the gun, he said he changed it because he was going to build the rifle, he said he had put about 400rnds through it. Definatly gonig to have it checked out and possibly reinstalled. The mags are "asain" according to him, and they do bind if fully loaded, with about 15 they feed fine. Do you know where I can get 12 cmi springs? Didnt really want to part with the $, wanting to concentrate on the LRB (going with the 22") but with everything that came with it and the price it was easy to do. my camera sucks so the blur is just there , but it is clear in places
100_1113.jpg   100_1122.jpg   100_1138.jpg  

Old 04-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #8

Just get the Wolff springs. Odds are that you will get a few of those mags to work. If they are old ChiComs you will be GTG. The REAL Taiwanese Type 57's are bright blued, and hard to get these days.

44Mag.com sells the CMI re-build kits. Spring, follower, floorplate.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI