M1 Garand

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > M1 Garand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5912 Times on 3085 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Default M1 Garand

got rid of my remington 700 xcr today and picked up a shooter mixed parts m1 garand. rear sight needs to be reworked but the barrel gauges 2.5ish and the op-rod is straight. everything looks good on it cept the sights which are replacements. all the parts seem to be SA marked. i would say its fair condition but i intend to use it as a shooter as im not much on collectors pieces too pricey a gun to have fun with. its a springfield armory.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-16-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Very nice. Change the springs and go shoot that thing. And it looks like about a mid 1943, with the orig forged trigger group.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Last edited by M14sRock; 04-16-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Very nice. Change the springs and go shoot that thing. And it looks like about a mid 1943, with the orig forged trigger group.
ya its not bad but its no pristine rifle for sure the rear sight assembly innards needs replacement so its going to be a bit before i take it to the range.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-16-2011, 04:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ya its not bad but its no pristine rifle for sure the rear sight assembly innards needs replacement so its going to be a bit before i take it to the range.
Looks like an orig bar-lock sight? Hard to tell in the pics. Does it just spin? Have you taken the sight apart? Check to see what is stripped.

How are you set on clips?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Looks like an orig bar-lock sight? Hard to tell in the pics. Does it just spin? Have you taken the sight apart? Check to see what is stripped.

How are you set on clips?
it just spins i think something is stripped as the screw holding the windage knob in is broken. looks like it wasnt put together correctly over-tightened and broke.

broken bit it looks

got two clips or should i say magazines heh. its enough for now ill put an order for some from whicher place i find a rear ight assembly. been loading it and listening to it go PING!! pretty fun.

shoulda got one of these a long time ago.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

ill detail strip it tomorrow and take some close up pics im off to bed for now

Old 04-16-2011, 05:48 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations Jon, I'm glad you found one.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #8

Check RA Parts for an original bar lock.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 04-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

First the M1A and now the M1, woo-hoo, you are doing great! Now you need a Springfield 1903! Here are my three Springers!

all-spgfld.jpg  

TXnorton

Old 04-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #10

Nice! I love my 1943 Springfield