M1 carbine sight - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > M1 carbine sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

By your pictures it kinda looks like you have a variation of the Universal Carbine. I think they started making them around 1950. Not a GI Issue weapon. The slide on a GI weapon is a lot different although they did use quite a few GI parts on the Universal, Iver Johnson, etc.

I think that any GI M1 Carbine rear sight, even a repo should fit. A new repo flip-over is only around 20 bucks.

Good luck with your project, Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 02-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

kenhesr, thank you for the help.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #13

If you have not found a sight yet, Brownells sells an exact repo, like the one on the rifle in the last picture. It's only $25.00, very well made for the price, fully adjustable with knob for windage and has reliable click stops, all marked for the different ranges.
It's a steal at that price, I put one on my older Mini ranch and like it a lot.
I needed to shorten the front sight and thin the front sight blade and it sits higher than the stock Mini sight, but I really like it. Just don't dissassemble it, the windage knob is well staked on, but if you take it off, you will need to have someone who is a good welder just hit it lightly with a tig torch.
Mine looked perfect after it was fixed. I took it apart as you have to modify the sight to fit iton the Mini.
Great sight, they are always in stock.
It's not the flip over sight, it's the fully adjustable one.

John K