Lr-308 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

Lr-308

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Not harsh at all, thank you.
Honestly the wife had wanted a 308 for a while but she did not want a bolt gun, and it was in most part a impulse buy at the LGS.
Thanks again for the help.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #22

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I will say one more time I'm talking from experience with a LR308 and know many other LR308 owners that have had nothing but good experience with their rifles they actually own and shoot on a regular basis.They're good rifles and have been reliable and accurate,i'm posting from actual experience,not just hear say on the internet as others try to state their opinion without experience just what they hear on the internet??? as usual,lots of key board experts flapping their their unexperienced opinion without any experience or facts to back up their accusations?

mikejk maybe they would've of talked with you if you hadn't been packing that 15 year baggie wrapped turd around in your pocket,people smell that smell along ways off!! LOL...The reason earlier I stated how long i've owned my DPMS LR308 to show the years of actual experience I have with my rifle and thousands of trouble free rounds through the rifle...I'm speaking from experience not internet propaganda without actual experience or documented actual proven facts about a product....Oh well believe what you will,i'm more than happy with my DPMS LR308 AP4 piece of turd and the deer never knew they were being shot with such a piece of turd rifle??? lol
Nuff Said
locutus Likes This 
Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #23

I greatly appreciate your opinion also.
So is it a POS - No. Is there better - Yes.
That's why I like these boards, different but educated opinions and it doesn't get into psychotic pissing matches like some other forums.

I didn't like the feel of the trigger so it has been replaced and the barrel has been floated. Put on a comp and changed the grip.

Now to the Range to shoot the hell out of it!

Thanks all!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #24

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
I will say one more time I'm talking from experience with a LR308 and know many other LR308 owners that have had nothing but good experience with their rifles they actually own and shoot on a regular basis.They're good rifles and have been reliable and accurate,i'm posting from actual experience,not just hear say on the internet as others try to state their opinion without experience just what they hear on the internet??? as usual,lots of key board experts flapping their their unexperienced opinion without any experience or facts to back up their accusations?

mikejk maybe they would've of talked with you if you hadn't been packing that 15 year baggie wrapped turd around in your pocket,people smell that smell along ways off!! LOL...The reason earlier I stated how long i've owned my DPMS LR308 to show the years of actual experience I have with my rifle and thousands of trouble free rounds through the rifle...I'm speaking from experience not internet propaganda without actual experience or documented actual proven facts about a product....Oh well believe what you will,i'm more than happy with my DPMS LR308 AP4 piece of turd and the deer never knew they were being shot with such a piece of turd rifle??? lol
Nuff Said
I think I understand what you were trying to say. It was a little hard dredging through that paragraph.

Defending your purchase is common, I understand. Just remember it's nothing personal. It's just a firearm.

I'm sorry there's no documented proof that people frequently have problems w/ their DPMS ARs. It's just internet folklore.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/dpms-issues-continued-67167/

The DPMS rep thing happened. I attempted to find it but they have deleted it. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

A trusted shooting buddy of mine who is an instructor watched a brand new off the shelf DPMS go full auto as the LPK went to AR Heaven.

I've seen it w/ my own 2 eyes as well in classes. Not just DPMS but Stag and Bushmaster. It just seems to happen w/ DPMS more often.

I'm happy you have enjoyed your hunting rifle.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 26

i have built two DPMS LR-308 for customers in the past one i put a Geissele trigger in one and a Timney drop in unit in the other. other then the factory trigger it is a great accurate gun.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #26

One more question guys,
I have a carbine length buffer tube on my LR. I know a mil spec diameter at stock will not fit on it. Will a commercial diameter ar stock?
I am confused as I believe it has a standard ar buffer so I would think it would have a standard size tube.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

The internal diameters of both the milspec and commercial carbine style tubes are the same, so they use the same size buffer. It's the outside diameter that's different which is why a milspec stock won't fit on the larger commercial tube. If that's the case with yours then yes you need a commercial size stock. The standard carbine buffer is a standard weight, about 3 oz. A heavy buffer - H buffer is a little less than 4 oz.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Last edited by Quentin; 07-11-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #28

Thank you.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought a brand new LR308 SASS. Worst purchase ever. Stripped down the whole gun and cleaned and oil/greased it down. Took it to range worked flawlessly for the first 15 shots. After 15 ammo kept on jamming. Called DPMS, they talked to me like I was an idiot told me I had to lube the gun. I stripped it down again and lubed the whole gun. Gun worked great but after 20 shots, ammo kept on jamming again. Cleaned and lubed and same thing again. No help from dpms. I took a loss and sold the gun. Lesson learned.

Newest Threads