Looking to buy - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Looking to buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

My first gun that I bought a few years ago when I was 18 was the pardner pump, I put a pistol grip and an adjustable stock on it along with an led light. That's what sits next to my bed and my first choice if I need a weapon. I also after that purchase I bought a mosin, for $80 its the best deal on a gun I've ever got

Old 09-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #22

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

I too support a shotgun. Rifles indoors can be hazardous in that the projectiles of many calibers can carry through walls and light obstructions... shotguns also don't require as precise a shot placement ti do their job...

Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #23

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
AZ does not require a license to carry concealed.

The age limit is a sore point with me. An 18 year old can fight and die for his country but is not allowed to own a handgun or vote. Either change the military age to 21 or change the gun laws and voting age.
If I'm not mistaken, 18 year olds can vote.

-Matt

Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

18 year olds in arizona can legally own and open carry cary a handgun/pistol if the firearm is purchased via private sale but you cannot buy any pistols from an ffl unless you are 21 or conceal carry.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8275 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10702

How important is the home defense part of the equation? If it is not really high up (don't live in a high crime area) then you might consider a .22 rimfire. That was my first gun, a Marlin 60. I still have it and I am in my late 40's. The Ruger 10/22 is also a good choice, lots of after market stuff for them is available (they are like the small block Chevy of guns). A .22 rifle, while not ideal, can be used for home defense but a shotgun would be a better choice. The .22 also has the big advantage of having cheap ammo.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #26

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
How important is the home defense part of the equation? If it is not really high up (don't live in a high crime area) then you might consider a .22 rimfire. That was my first gun, a Marlin 60. I still have it and I am in my late 40's. The Ruger 10/22 is also a good choice, lots of after market stuff for them is available (they are like the small block Chevy of guns). A .22 rifle, while not ideal, can be used for home defense but a shotgun would be a better choice. The .22 also has the big advantage of having cheap ammo.
I have to agree with vikingdad. Given your budget you can get a model 60 and a maverick 88. Walmart has the model 60 for $175 and the maverick 88 for around $200. I don't know what the tax rate is in your home state but you should be real close.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/