Long guns can be secured by...
1) ...locking them inside a large footlocker or steamer trunk . The trunk can be placed in the basement with boxes of junk piled with and on it .
2) ...putting a good lock on the door to a room and storing the guns in that room .
3) ...hiding them in an attic, preferably one you have to climb up into .
4) ...locking all of the trigger guards together with a cable.
5) ...storing the bolts elsewhere .
6) ...chaining a dead refrigerator or freezer shut with the guns inside . Be sure to drill ventilation holes in back . Thieves will assume the unit is chained to keep kids from suffocating in it .
7) ...building a vault inside the house .
Note- A surprising number of burglaries are committed by friends and family . Practice good key control, etc.
The A.G. English company sells Fort Knox safes, which are good quality .