Lightning Link
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Lightning Link

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default Lightning Link

An we still make them and pay the tax stamp or are they considered the machine gun and therefore we need to find transferable ones.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #2

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
An we still make them and pay the tax stamp or are they considered the machine gun and therefore we need to find transferable ones.
Gotta find a transferrable one. Usually run 8 grand and up. Pretty high for $1.50 worth of metal. Also, gotta make sure you have the correct bolt carrier. They were measured for the Colt SP1 carrier, and a lot of brands of carriers have about 1/8-1/4 inch too much metal, which can cause the hammer to trip too early, possibly resulting in an out of battery firing of the round. Another issue to consider, the BATF process of transferring a machine gun. If you have a LGS that is experienced in transferring NFA items, it can be a smooth process, however, I have read of horror stories of people going back and forth for over a year because they were going it alone with the BATF. Personally, I would just pay the 350 for a slide fire and call it a day before going through all that for something to which I am going to have to replace a peice of every few thousand rounds.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Easier to just get the real m16 than the lightning link.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #4

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Easier to just get the real m16 than the lightning link.
If you can find one, in my opinion, the best route is to find a registered full auto stripped lower to transfer, that way you can build it from the ground up how you like it. LWRC has a closed/open bolt lower parts kit that goes from a closed bolt for semi to open bolt for auto. If I could afford all that, that would be what I would want for a shtf gun.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin