Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Let try this again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Let try this again

I originally put this in the mini 14 section because I'm some kind of butt head as most of you have figured out by now.

I bought a mini 30 yesterday in 7.62x39 and was wondering what I can expect to achieve with this firearm/weapon. What is the performance out to 100 yards. I test fired one at the range for the gun smith and ended up buying the dang thing. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10348&stc=1&d=12656844 21
smile.jpg

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #2

Here's what I said in the other thread. No one else likes them but I still like mine.
I have a Mini 30 and It's not a tack driver but depending on ammo it's OK.At 50 yards I can shoot two liter bottles pretty regularly with iron sights. If you fill them with water and put the cap on tight they blow up real nice. It will drop a deer also with good placement. I've taken some heat for hunting with mine but but that's from the kind of guys that will take five shots at a running deer.Put one of those rounds in Bambi's boiler room and you're having backstraps tonight.
All in all I'd say congrats on buying a great gun.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #3

I have had a stainless synthetic Mini 30 since 1994.I like it just fine,and I have a lot of rifles.I have an inexpensive scope on it,but it hits fairly well at 100 yards,and is certainly decent for deer hunting.One thing about Mini's is that they tend to be more accurate with a muzzle brake/flash suppressor on them.Probably stabilizes the barrel some.That is the only modification I have ever done to my Mini 30.I hear Ruger has just come out with 20 round factory mags,and I plan to get some.Lots of after market mags suck.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I understand that the 30 has about 9 lbs. of felt recoil. After shooting it I thought that this might be a nice firearm for my 10 year old granddaughter to hunt whitetails with. I'm building her an evil black gun in 6.8 SPC but as you all know, you can never have too many firearms.

I'm paying $350.00 for it and could not pass it up for that price because it seems like a real cool firearm.

Does anyone reload 7.62x39? I know the ammo is relatively inexpressive, but I like to make my own bullets.

Thanks for the feedback. Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.