Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Legal Full Auto Trigger System (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/legal-full-auto-trigger-system-41678/)

PeteZaHut 04-24-2011 02:09 AM

Legal Full Auto Trigger System

Firequest Auto Burst Trigger System - AB225

Anyone ever experienced something like this? Could it really be legal? Is there any possibility it works well?

JonM 04-24-2011 02:28 AM

this is one of those items that rides the ragged line of legality. it can be seen both ways. so basically your entrusting your freedom to the whims of a district attorney, a federal judge, and a jury of your peers all of whom have no clue about nfa rules and regulations and are relying on the opinions of the local batfe agent to tell them what end is up.

my opinion is stay away from such devices.

laynejc 04-24-2011 03:51 PM

Get the SSAR stock instead, I know its 10x as high, but you will have less headaches. The AB225 I saw didnt work.

ZombieKiller83 04-25-2011 04:41 PM

Ill be honest, really wanted to get the bump fire stock but then i thought about it. Full auto rifles are not known for their accuracy in full auto and as much as it would be cool to see what its like to go full auto, i'll save my bullets and money instead:cool:

JonM 04-25-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieKiller83 (Post 493017)
Ill be honest, really wanted to get the bump fire stock but then i thought about it. Full auto rifles are not known for their accuracy in full auto and as much as it would be cool to see what its like to go full auto, i'll save my bullets and money instead:cool:

just holding the trigger back this is true for long range shooting. the purpose of automatic fire in a rifle or subgun is cqb 2-3 hits on a target. with proper trigger control and an experienced shooter they are extremely effective and deadly. at least the ones that dont have the 3 round burst training wheels...

danf_fl 04-25-2011 07:59 PM

Full auto is legal, you just have to do the paperwork drill.

PowerViolence 04-30-2011 03:24 PM

Just don't get caught shooting anyone with one installed, you will probably be alright.

223 06-03-2011 01:15 PM

I purchased the auto burst trigger at a gun show. It came with a card stating it was ATF approved. It works flawlessly on my AR but not so much on my AK. The only problem I have is my AR will fire half a clip and stop. I kick the chambered round out and it will shoot about 5 more and then stop. I examined the round and the firing pin is striking the primer but not hard enough to fire the round. I can rechamber the round and it will fire. I have tried several ammo brands with the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

JonM 06-03-2011 02:08 PM

First off the little card it comes with in a court of law vs the atf is about as worth as much as a space heater in hell.

What is happening is the hammer is riding the bolt forward as it is activating the trigger soon as it can.

Mandy 06-03-2011 02:46 PM

Rubber Band would be cheaper and easier to remove