Keltec sub 2000 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Keltec sub 2000 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Keltec sub 2000 9mm

Anyone have any practical experience with this gun? Seems like a decent value (standard retail), but will this gun take long term use?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #2

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I've got about 500 rounds through mine. No issues so far. I would not pay more than $400.00 for it though.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i want one! do u find it to be accurate? btw...congrats on scoring a sub2k

Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #4

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 503

I had one. It was fun. Reliable (Glock magazine version), pretty accurate for iron sights, shooting a pistol round. I never shot it past 100 yds, but hitting a 6 or 10 inch gong at 100 yards was not that hard to do pretty regularly without trying really hard.

Trigger was not that great, felt cheap. I never abused it. It never gave me any trouble. I was just offered a trade that I couldn't pass up. If I get the oportunity to get another I would get one again.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I remember some years back searching high and low for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm, and couldn't believe I could not land one. I was really in love with them back then. However, with the passage of years, I find that now I can buy one or two but for some reason I don't care for them anymore. And something within tells me that is the right feeling, as the novelty worn off.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #6

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
I remember some years back searching high and low for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm, and couldn't believe I could not land one. I was really in love with them back then. However, with the passage of years, I find that now I can buy one or two but for some reason I don't care for them anymore. And something within tells me that is the right feeling, as the novelty worn off.
That was pretty much what got me to sell mine. I just wasn't using it. It was fun when I couldn't get .223, but could still get 9mm. I do file it in my novelty gun category though.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
i want one! do u find it to be accurate? btw...congrats on scoring a sub2k
Accurate? Well, I'm not crazy about the sites on it, so I attached a good quality green laser on it and zeroed it to fifty yards. I can consistently hit a pie plate size target at that range, slow fire. Rapid fire I can hit center of mass on a bad guy at 25 yards.

I've had the gun for a coule of years now. Not my favorite, but I do enjoy shooting it. Added the foam rubber sleeve that fits around the bolt tube for better cheek weld and also added the extension pad on the buttstock.

The main advantage (for me) to have this weaspon is its compact and perfect for use as a Bug Out weapon - fits in a back pack really well and I like that it uses relatively cheap pistol ammo and Glock magazines.

Since I started my gun collection a few years ago I've traded away two of them, with immediate regret. IMO, better to hold on to firearms than to let them go.
ktsub2k-001.jpg