Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Kel-Tek SU16

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1799 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 556

Default Kel-Tek SU16

Anyone had any experience with the Kel-Tek rifles?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yup.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Share please.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, since you said please ...

I had the SU 16C and I loved it. It was pretty accurate and the portability made it a great camping carbine. The fact that it takes AR magazines is a huge plus too.

My wife and my buddy's girlfriend and two teenage daughters shot it too and they all shot well and accurately with it at 50yds. None of them complained about the ergonomics or the recoil. The bipod makes for nice steady aiming.

It is not a tactical rifle and shouldn't be tricked out like one. It is what it is, a practical, portable and handy carbine that can do what it is designed to do well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks. I saw one at the local gun show this weekend and another used one at a local dealer. The front sight was kind of flimsy and out of wack plusthe stock did not fold. The one at the gun show did not have a front sight and rail type forarm. Also had a threaded barrel. May have been tricked out. Both were $400. I like the light weight and it is gas operated. There was an SU 2000 in 9mm and glock mags but the sights are pretty cheap looking. I have a couple of Kel Tek pistols so I am familiar with the company.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you can find one in near new condition, I don't think you can go wrong. People screw around with them trying to go tacticool and they screw them up.

See if you can find one with a bipod. They're not nearly as flimsy as they may seem.

Good luck.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Im bout to get one from a buddy.
$250 gun, red dot, & hard case