Kel Tec Sub 2000 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Kel Tec Sub 2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

No problem bro, Ive been there as far as looking for one- and just wanted to give my honest (lengthy) opinion- lol. Try looking over at the KTOG forum, great website- alot of info! I learned everything about my sub2k from these guys! D.

PROUD DESERT STORM VETERAN, N.R.A. Member

Last edited by Delmonte67; 09-22-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Bigbud9mm. I just saw two 9mm at the gun shop in Noblesville called Bare Arms. This was on Thursday. One was new for $500 and the second used for $300 if I remember correctly. Good luck

Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67

Ive had my .40 Cal. Sub200 for awhile now and I cant say enough how much I love this little folding carbine! I put on the Red Lion rotating forend and front site and made it even more Awesome!!! But before I ever bought it= I did my homework -I called Kel Tec and checked their warranty on the Sub2k- its for LIFETIME if anything goes wrong- they will even pay for shipping. They have to put the 6000 round or more for legal reasons on their website the guy explained to me, he also explained you don't have to be the original owner or have an original sales reciept and it is still covered for life. Also replacement parts are real cheap if needed, and the magazines match my. 40 caliber Glocks- which rocks! (especially my 33 rounder) I know its not my AR15- but it is a favorite of mine, especially for the looks and questions you get when you unfold it at the range-Priceless! One older guy at the range thought it was some kind of new Special Forces weapon! lol. I'm not lying when I say- quite a few have offered to buy it on the spot, its so unusual. All my friends who have shot it- now are looking and want one, one did find one in 9mm about a month ago on Gunbroker.com. (he did pay a little more than MSRP-but he loves it!) They are hard to find, but they are out there. Its a keeper gun for life, C'mon really, how many of your rifles folds to 16" and can be put in a backpack or briefcase??? Zombie apocalypse - covered!!! Lol. The Red Lion upgrades are pricey-but hell so was my wife's last Coach purse! Seriously though, Ive owned a lot of guns- this one is just too cool!!! Performs flawlessly! Accurate as hell- even before I put on the Reddot. Keep looking bro- you'll find one! Below- I modded mine after 308's with the Red Lion upgrades, Hickock45 is a top gun reviewer on Youtube- his is just a plain out of the box Sub2k and he's still ringing that gong pretty friggin far away! Nutnfancy another top gun reviewer- he has the Kel Tec forend on his (unlike the Red Lion, it does not rotate, any optic has to be removed for it to fold and lock) this KT forend never seems to be in stock anyway.-All great videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NbnJ-jh1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rr5tfG7b8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4pCc_cP9A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Awesome gun!! That's pretty much exactly what I envision doing to mine! As soon as I find one :-/

Old 09-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Keep the faith my brother! One will show its face somewhere! D.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckey37
Bigbud9mm. I just saw two 9mm at the gun shop in Noblesville called Bare Arms. This was on Thursday. One was new for $500 and the second used for $300 if I remember correctly. Good luck
How far is that from Evansville???

Old 09-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67 View Post
Attachment 60137

Attachment 60139

Ive had my .40 Cal. Sub200 for awhile now and I cant say enough how much I love this little folding carbine! I put on the Red Lion rotating forend and front site and made it even more Awesome!!! But before I ever bought it= I did my homework -I called Kel Tec and checked their warranty on the Sub2k- its for LIFETIME if anything goes wrong- they will even pay for shipping. They have to put the 6000 round or more for legal reasons on their website the guy explained to me, he also explained you don't have to be the original owner or have an original sales reciept and it is still covered for life. Also replacement parts are real cheap if needed, and the magazines match my. 40 caliber Glocks- which rocks! (especially my 33 rounder) I know its not my AR15- but it is a favorite of mine, especially for the looks and questions you get when you unfold it at the range-Priceless! One older guy at the range thought it was some kind of new Special Forces weapon! lol. I'm not lying when I say- quite a few have offered to buy it on the spot, its so unusual. All my friends who have shot it- now are looking and want one, one did find one in 9mm about a month ago on Gunbroker.com. (he did pay a little more than MSRP-but he loves it!) They are hard to find, but they are out there. Its a keeper gun for life, C'mon really, how many of your rifles folds to 16" and can be put in a backpack or briefcase??? Zombie apocalypse - covered!!! Lol. The Red Lion upgrades are pricey-but hell so was my wife's last Coach purse! Seriously though, Ive owned a lot of guns- this one is just too cool!!! Performs flawlessly! Accurate as hell- even before I put on the Reddot. Keep looking bro- you'll find one! Below- I modded mine after 308's with the Red Lion upgrades, Hickock45 is a top gun reviewer on Youtube- his is just a plain out of the box Sub2k and he's still ringing that gong pretty friggin far away! Nutnfancy another top gun reviewer- he has the Kel Tec forend on his (unlike the Red Lion, it does not rotate, any optic has to be removed for it to fold and lock) this KT forend never seems to be in stock anyway.-All great videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NbnJ-jh1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rr5tfG7b8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4pCc_cP9A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
i would say that makes it aweful front heavy having all that on there doesnt it? i mean i know its a light gun to begin with so.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Not as bad as you might imagine, my AR is much heavier without all the furniture. The Red lion forend is made from a pretty light weight metal. Just a fun gun mostly for me, and its a pretty awesome SHTF gun folded in a go bag. I have a few in my collection, and just had to have this one, a lot of guys keep the original stuff on them and just use the factory sites and its still really accurate.