Kel Tec Sub 2000 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Kel Tec Sub 2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
What lgs? I might be interested in it.
United Pawn Brokers here in Jonesboro Arkansas. This one was a .40 cal.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

a friend of mine has one. he has the glock 9mm version. personally i would never buy one. its kind of cool that it folds. its nice that it could potentionally use the same ammo and magazine as your sidearm. but to me it feels very toyish. its very light and actually kicks a little more than i thought it would. it doesnt hurt or anything, just sort of a little bouncy to me. the postion of the functions, or controls also took some getting used to for me. like having the bolt handle in the stock area. overall as long as my friend brings it along i'll polish off 30 to 50 rounds out of it, buts thats about all. for a plinker, SD at 50 yrds or less its plenty accurate. definatly not a tack driver. IMHO, save your money for something else unless you just have to have a folding gun.

also trying to add any sort of optic most of the time no longer allows it to fold unless you plan on using a quick detach mount.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 09-17-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's a really durable little carbine and a hell of a lot of fun to shoot. It does have its shortcomings but none of them phase me at all. Nutnfancy did a spectacular review on the Sub2K that'll show you anything you need to know

Old 09-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #14

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
. . . . . also trying to add any sort of optic most of the time no longer allows it to fold unless you plan on using a quick detach mount.
I have a deposit on one. With a 3" MOA and not much use over 150 yards I don't know that a scope would be your biggest bang for the buck anyway.

Maybe a reflex. There is an after-market hand guard that rotates 90 degrees around the barrel that would still allow it to fold with an optic:

http://www.redlionprecision.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R6

There are a few You Tube videos on home cobbled scope mounts that still allow it to fold. I like this one. It uses a spring loaded door hinge:

Last edited by Vincine; 09-20-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

only thing i dont like is that keltec states on their sire that keltec weapons have a 5k round life span

Old 09-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed-Citizen
only thing i dont like is that keltec states on their sire that keltec weapons have a 5k round life span
Those that go for pistols to ? I font recall reading that on their site. Interesting though.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #17

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

http://www.keltecweapons.com/faq/#nul
go to this link and go to the question that states what is the life expectancy of a keltec firearm....its actually 6k stated on their site

Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #18

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed-Citizen View Post
http://www.keltecweapons.com/faq/#nul
go to this link and go to the question that states what is the life expectancy of a keltec firearm....its actually 6k stated on their site
"What is the expected life of a Kel-Tec firearm?"
"All Kel-Tec firearms have an expected life of 6,000 rounds or more."

Old 09-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

forumrunner_20120922_152653.jpg

forumrunner_20120922_152803.jpg

Ive had my .40 Cal. Sub200 for awhile now and I cant say enough how much I love this little folding carbine! I put on the Red Lion rotating forend and front site and made it even more Awesome!!! But before I ever bought it= I did my homework -I called Kel Tec and checked their warranty on the Sub2k- its for LIFETIME if anything goes wrong- they will even pay for shipping. They have to put the 6000 round or more for legal reasons on their website the guy explained to me, he also explained you don't have to be the original owner or have an original sales reciept and it is still covered for life. Also replacement parts are real cheap if needed, and the magazines match my. 40 caliber Glocks- which rocks! (especially my 33 rounder) I know its not my AR15- but it is a favorite of mine, especially for the looks and questions you get when you unfold it at the range-Priceless! One older guy at the range thought it was some kind of new Special Forces weapon! lol. I'm not lying when I say- quite a few have offered to buy it on the spot, its so unusual. All my friends who have shot it- now are looking and want one, one did find one in 9mm about a month ago on Gunbroker.com. (he did pay a little more than MSRP-but he loves it!) They are hard to find, but they are out there. Its a keeper gun for life, C'mon really, how many of your rifles folds to 16" and can be put in a backpack or briefcase??? Zombie apocalypse - covered!!! Lol. The Red Lion upgrades are pricey-but hell so was my wife's last Coach purse! Seriously though, Ive owned a lot of guns- this one is just too cool!!! Performs flawlessly! Accurate as hell- even before I put on the Reddot. Keep looking bro- you'll find one! Below- I modded mine after 308's with the Red Lion upgrades, Hickock45 is a top gun reviewer on Youtube- his is just a plain out of the box Sub2k and he's still ringing that gong pretty friggin far away! Nutnfancy another top gun reviewer- he has the Kel Tec forend on his (unlike the Red Lion, it does not rotate, any optic has to be removed for it to fold and lock) this KT forend never seems to be in stock anyway.-All great videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NbnJ-jh1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rr5tfG7b8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

forumrunner_20120922_152827.jpg   forumrunner_20120922_152852.jpg   forumrunner_20120922_152928.jpg  

PROUD DESERT STORM VETERAN, N.R.A. Member

Last edited by Delmonte67; 09-22-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67

Ive had my .40 Cal. Sub200 for awhile now and I cant say enough how much I love this little folding carbine! I put on the Red Lion rotating forend and front site and made it even more Awesome!!! But before I ever bought it= I did my homework -I called Kel Tec and checked their warranty on the Sub2k- its for LIFETIME if anything goes wrong- they will even pay for shipping. They have to put the 6000 round or more for legal reasons on their website the guy explained to me, he also explained you don't have to be the original owner or have an original sales reciept and it is still covered for life. Also replacement parts are real cheap if needed, and the magazines match my. 40 caliber Glocks- which rocks! (especially my 33 rounder) I know its not my AR15- but it is a favorite of mine, especially for the looks and questions you get when you unfold it at the range-Priceless! One older guy at the range thought it was some kind of new Special Forces weapon! lol. I'm not lying when I say- quite a few have offered to buy it on the spot, its so unusual. All my friends who have shot it- now are looking and want one, one did find one in 9mm about a month ago on Gunbroker.com. (he did pay a little more than MSRP-but he loves it!) They are hard to find, but they are out there. Its a keeper gun for life, C'mon really, how many of your rifles folds to 16" and can be put in a backpack or briefcase??? Zombie apocalypse - covered!!! Lol. The Red Lion upgrades are pricey-but hell so was my wife's last Coach purse! Seriously though, Ive owned a lot of guns- this one is just too cool!!! Performs flawlessly! Accurate as hell- even before I put on the Reddot. Keep looking bro- you'll find one! Below- I modded mine after 308's with the Red Lion upgrades and Hickock45 is a top gun reviewer on Youtube- his is just a plain out of the box Sub2k and he's still ringing that gong pretty friggin far away! Nutnfancy another top gun reviewer- he has the Kel Tec forend on his (it does not rotate, any optic has to be removed for it to fold and lock) this KT forend never seems to be in stock anyway.-All great videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NbnJ-jh1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rr5tfG7b8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4pCc_cP9A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sweet post man. I'm gonna start locally and online real soon. Thanks