kel-tec su16ca vs 2008 mini 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > kel-tec su16ca vs 2008 mini 14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default kel-tec su16ca vs 2008 mini 14

just throw out there what u think of ethier weapon i want to know the good the bad and the ugly

i love the U.S.A but i hate the gorvement that runs it but thats what the 2nd admenment is for

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #2

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The Good; Blondie

The Bad; Angeleyes

and the Ugly; Tuco

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I'd be inclined to go with a new(er) Ruger rather than the Kel-tec for accuracy considerations. If memory serves, older Ruger range rifles didn't get good scores for accuracy, but that has changed in recent years.

The Kel-tec might be the ticket if you need a folding rifle that will fit in a backpack. If you don't, I can't see all that plastic holding up over time.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I was going to ask the same question, although I already ordered the Kel Tec. (three month wait) I live in LA where only the gang-bangers have ARs and AKs. Off the rack I have the choice of a top loading Mini or the Kel Tec. At least the Kel Tec has two detachable 10 round mags in the stock ( 10 rnds is max here in this so******t state).
If there is any other choice for us freedom challenged Californians I'd love to hear it.
JdP

Old 01-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #5

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I was going to ask the same question, although I already ordered the Kel Tec. (three month wait) I live in LA where only the gang-bangers have ARs and AKs. Off the rack I have the choice of a top loading Mini or the Kel Tec. At least the Kel Tec has two detachable 10 round mags in the stock ( 10 rnds is max here in this so******t state).
If there is any other choice for us freedom challenged Californians I'd love to hear it.
JdP
Welcome Jo da Plumbr to the forum.

You need two things here; thick skin and a sense of humor that provides you the ability to laugh at everything, including one's self.

With that said;

MOVE!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

You a funny boy!
Actually I'm way ahead of you. I am in escrow for some land in the mountains of Colorado, but retirement is still a ways away. Till then I guess I'm stuck with a Kel Tec.
JdP

Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Kel-Tec SU-16CA. The thing is extremely accurate. I was fairly surprised...and the recoil in manageble.

I love mine. Only a life of 6000 rounds apparantly though but it's got a Lifetime warranty and Kel-Tec being a not a bit name guy has no problem just giving you a brand new one once it dies.