Kel-Tec SU16A
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Kel-Tec SU16A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kel-Tec SU16A

Does anybody have one of these? How does it shoot? It looks like a pretty good rifle for the money.

Kel Tec

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had one. It's a great little rifle. It was accurate and dependable. It is an excellent design and serves its purpose admirably. It's designed to be an easily portable, lightweight firearm, not an M4 type of weapon.
It can be an excellent truck gun, although I personally prefer a larger caliber for that purpose.

My thinking is that if you're camping or some such and you need to shoot/defend yourself for whatever reasons, it's ideal. But, I've seen people put all kinds of rails and stuff on them and that just defeats its purpose.

Buy it and enjoy it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Good luck in buying it. I ordered one in January, and still no estimate on delivery.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #4

Sorry to here about the wait. I was hoping to pick one up next week, but it doesn't sound like that is going to happen. I'll probably get on a waiting list.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Could be different for you in TX. I'm in CA and the restrictions on centerfire simi auto make the Kel Tec and mini 14 the only choices. Good luck

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."