Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Kel-Tec Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
How is durability not substantial when dealing with firearms? Maybe the demands we put on our firearms are different.
You did not say anything about durability. You said "sturdy". Sturdy is what I want a ladder to be. I don't ever remember seeing a review of a firearm where they ranked its "sturdiness".

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy

You did not say anything about durability. You said "sturdy". Sturdy is what I want a ladder to be. I don't ever remember seeing a review of a firearm where they ranked its "sturdiness".
Lol I like when people start grasping at straws.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Would it help if I said I put over 1000 rds through my SU-16 before I sold it? Never a hiccup. Functioned like the day it was new.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201
Would it help if I said I put over 1000 rds through my SU-16 before I sold it? Never a hiccup. Functioned like the day it was new.
Round count is useless by itself. 1k in a day, year?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The OP asked if anyone had any experience with Kel-Tec rifles. I have had direct personal experience with one, and it was a very positive experience. So I shared that with the OP, as requested.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201
The OP asked if anyone had any experience with Kel-Tec rifles. I have had direct personal experience with one, and it was a very positive experience. So I shared that with the OP,
as requested.
And I have no problem with that. You and the other guy seem to be up in arms over my opinion. Like I said we obviously have different expectations from our firearms. I have no problem with a difference of opinion amd I don't remember saying your opinion wasn't valid.

In what time span did you go through the 1k rounds you mentioned because that does play a role in judging quality.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #17

To Paladin201: Thanks for the input. This is the type of info I was looking for. I'm disabled and on a very limited income. There is no way I can afford an AR or Ruger mini 14 so the prices on the Kel-Tec SU-16 models had me very interested.

To mjkeat: I understand that you do not like this brand. Can you give me some more info as to why. I don't want to buy something that has serious problems as I can't afford to fix it.

Didn't mean to start a fight. Just doing some research before spending mt very limited funds. I appreciate any info, negative or positive, but I would really like some details as to why you have come to the conclusions that you have.

Thanks again to both of you for your input.
Corwin46

Old 02-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin46
To Paladin201: Thanks for the input. This is the type of info I was looking for. I'm disabled and on a very limited income. There is no way I can afford an AR or Ruger mini 14 so the prices on the Kel-Tec SU-16 models had me very interested.

To mjkeat: I understand that you do not like this brand. Can you give me some more info as to why. I don't want to buy something that has serious problems as I can't afford to fix it.

Didn't mean to start a fight. Just doing some research before spending mt very limited funds. I appreciate any info, negative or positive, but I would really like some details as to why you have come to the conclusions that you have.

Thanks again to both of you for your input.
Corwin46
You didn't start a fight. There's different levels of use that require different levels of durability. We should have asked what your intended use was first. Sorry about that.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #19

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Corwin, I have tried to find out why the MJKeat character doesn't like the gun. He obviously can't understand straightforward questions and give straight answers. I've only been around the Keltec handguns and have not had any problem with them. I would welcome informed discussion about your request on the Keltec rifles, I may want to try one some day. Hope you get some more responses besides the positive one from Paladin201.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #20
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1744 Times on 949 Posts
Likes Given: 547

http://www.equipped.com/Kel-Tec_SU-16_Review.htm
You can find more reviews by googling kel-tec su16 reviews.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."