Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Kel-Tec Rifles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/kel-tec-rifles-57177/)

Corwin46 02-07-2012 02:36 AM

Kel-Tec Rifles

Does anyone have any experience with Kel-Tec rifles. Are they reliable? Are they some what accurate? I have been thinking about getting one since the prices are affordable. Any Information would be greatly appreciated.

mjkeat 02-07-2012 03:53 AM

Pieces of ****. Avoid them.

PanBaccha 02-07-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 701571)

Just wondering ... does that include Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm? One of the hardest weapon to find brand new out there. Just wondering.

mjkeat 02-07-2012 05:24 PM

What does availability have to do w/ quality? Just wondering.

rjgnwdc 02-07-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

How do you really feel about them... LOL:D

fireguy 02-07-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

It is easy to make a bold statement like that and run. Do you have any experience with a Keltec rifle? I'm sure the members here would like to hear about the faults you have found in this platform.

Paladin201 02-07-2012 06:20 PM

I used to own a Kel-Tec SU-16. Outstanding rifle in every respect. It shot every brand and type of ammo I put it in without fail. Accuracy wise, it's probably not up to AR-15 standards, but it outshot any Ruger Mini 14 it ever came up against. It was a piece of cake to take down and clean, and the ability to fold it for storage was a big plus. So was the fact that it took standard AR-15 magazines. It is one gun that's on a very short list of guns I truly wish I had never sold. Still don't know why I ever did. If I had a chance to get another, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

mjkeat 02-07-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireguy

It is easy to make a bold statement like that and run. Do you have any experience with a Keltec rifle? I'm sure the members here would like to hear about the faults you have found in this platform.

Who ran? As you can see I've made multiple posts in this thread. The OP was an opinion based question and I responded with my opinion. YMMV but I like my firarms a little more sturdy.

fireguy 02-07-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 702029)
Who ran? As you can see I've made multiple posts in this thread. The OP was an opinion based question and I responded with my opinion. YMMV but I like my firarms a little more sturdy.

OK, your opinion is based on practically nothing substantial. Fine.

mjkeat 02-07-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireguy

OK, your opinion is based on practically nothing substantial. Fine.

How is durability not substantial when dealing with firearms? Maybe the demands we put on our firearms are different.