Just Right Carbines
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Just Right Carbines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Default Just Right Carbines

Has anyone heard of these yet?

I went to visit my boss/former boss (the gunsmith) yesterday.
When I got there, he told me to follow him into his work shop, where he proceeded to hand me a Glock 9mm magazine full of ammo, and a 9mm carbine that looked very similar to an AR, but not exactly.

So I grabbed some hearing protection and went out back to try it out. I didn't have a target to shoot at, I was basically just making noise, but it was a fun gun to shoot and of course, being a 9mm carbine, there was very little recoil.

When I got done, he proceeded to explain that this gun is a prototype that was sent to him by a company called "Just Right Carbines" for test and evaluation.

It uses an AR15 trigger mechanism and AR15 stock and buffer/tube assembly.

It also comes standard with a quad rail hand guard and flat top upper receiver.

He told me it can be set up with different magwells so that it can take different pistol magazines, and it will be available in 9mm, .40 and .45acp.

The most interesting thing about this gun that I noticed was that the charging handle AND ejection port can be moved to either side.

Not sure when they'll be available. He said the company told him they should retail for around $650-$700.

Just thought it was kinda cool that I'm one of the first people to shoot this gun

I just googled them and found their website is under construction, but it does show a picture of the gun. Here it is http://justrightfirearms.com/

Last edited by General_lee; 05-11-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #2

I cam close to buying one about 2 months ago. I have never seen one before, and the guy at the shop showed it to me. I recall reading that some people have feeding issues. They may have fixed that by now. It was definitely a cool little rifle though.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgand72 View Post
I cam close to buying one about 2 months ago. I have never seen one before, and the guy at the shop showed it to me. I recall reading that some people have feeding issues. They may have fixed that by now. It was definitely a cool little rifle though.
Yeah he said that was one reason they sent the rifle to him was to help figure out how to fix the feeding problems.

The one I shot had no problem.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1968 Times on 1066 Posts
Likes Given: 586

One of the local gun shops had one for about $650. I would not mind having one but I would wait until they have been out a while. It would be very handy with a holo sight and a laser which is how the shop had it equipped. The add ons were extra $. I posted a question on it at the time.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #5

Liked 75 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default The AR 410?

saw this couldent pass up posting vid.