Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > judge carbine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Default judge carbine!

So dad bought a Judge Carbine...WOW! This is one cool little rifle/shotgun. I just ran a couple of 410 shot shells through it the other day and it felt pretty good. I am thinking about putting a red dot on it for some more precise shooting and taking it deer hunting this year with the 45 Colts in it. I have noticed since the judge came out several ammo companies have really stepped up and have made some hot 45 Colt loads. Anyone have any first hand knowledge as to what kind of Colt load would be good for deer hunting? My shots will be well under 100 yards. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I saw those and thought it would be interesting. I wonder, is the barrel rifled?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #3

Yes...Its a fully rifled barrel. The end of the barrel is threaded and when shooting slugs and 45 Colt ammo you screw on a thread protector. When you are shooting 410 shotshells there is a straight rifled choke tube. It seems like it will make for a fast little hunting carbine. I could see squirrel hunting with it and I think it would make for a neat little deer rifle for hunting in the brush with the 45 Colt loaded up kinda hot...

Old 08-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
Yes...Its a fully rifled barrel. The end of the barrel is threaded and when shooting slugs and 45 Colt ammo you screw on a thread protector. When you are shooting 410 shotshells there is a straight rifled choke tube. It seems like it will make for a fast little hunting carbine. I could see squirrel hunting with it and I think it would make for a neat little deer rifle for hunting in the brush with the 45 Colt loaded up kinda hot...
I was thinking it could be fun for the tree rats. Maybe i can talk my nephew into buying one for me to bum.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:04 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

so what kind of patterns are you getting from the choke tube.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 08-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #6

I havent shot it for patterns yet. I just threw a couple bird shot rounds in it to make sure it went bang. I am actually having trouble getting the thread protector out of the barrel to get the choke tube in it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do that? I was thinking a bit of heat but I dont want to mess up the blueing?????

And I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong area...I meant to post this thread in the general rifle section not the semi auto section. OOOPS

Old 08-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #7

Shot some 45 colt ammo yesterday with a friend to see how well it would shoot. I have to say that I was impressed. Didnt have enough time to shoot for groups. I did put some beer cans about 50 yards away and me and my buddy were hitting them with ease. I have to say...I like that little gun more and more the more I mess with it. I am def going to try some groups Wednesday with some good ammo and see how well it does. I think I might have found a good light quick handling brush gun for deer if the groups are gunna work out!