Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   JP Rifles ????? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/jp-rifles-17888/)

J33Nelson 09-10-2009 04:14 AM

JP Rifles ?????

Does anyone here have first hand knowledge on JP Rifles? They look extremely nice but I have not heard any feedback from anyone about this company. I am really looking at the LRP-07 in .260. I have held their CTR-02 rifle at my local gun store and thought it was the best AR rifle I have ever held. The sales person really talked them up but even he has never shot one.

If you have never heard of this company you can check them out at JPrifles.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gus556 09-10-2009 09:01 PM

A guy I shoot CMP high power with has one from thier custom shop. It is a NM upper and trigger and he can nearly shoot the center out of a target at 100 meters sitting rapid fire.
I looked at it and held it, it appears to be a top notch rifle. I have not fired it so I could not give first hand feedback. From what I have seen it is a nice rifle.

slowryde45 09-16-2009 12:23 AM

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...oys/ar-jp1.jpg

No, but I have fondled and slobbered over it :p

Yes, I have shot it, highly recommend it to anyone looking for the ultimate talk-of-the-range gun, that can also back it up with excellent performance.

Slo

J33Nelson 09-16-2009 03:09 AM

They need 50% down so I am going to try and submit my order by November. The build should take 30 weeks.

This is what I plan on ordering......

LRP-07 rifle = $3,199.00

22" .260 Remington, medium contour, 1:8 twist, rifle length gas system = $300.00

Black Teflon Finish = $50.00

Panther tactical rifle grip with palm shelf = $20.00

JP Flat-Top Scope Mount 30mm = $164.95

JP Cleaning Rod Guide = $37.95

TOTAL = $3,771.90

I am not 100% sold on the Panther tactical rifle grip with palm shelf. I really don't know what stock to select either. The Magpul Precision Stock is a $220.00 upgrade and I don't know if that stock is worth that kind of money. I know I do not want a collapsible stock.

I will put $2,000 grand down and would have to pay the balance when the rifle is ready. I have been saving up for an Ed Brown Kobra Carry so I have the money saved up. I was going to pool all my Cabela Gift cards ($500.00) together from my birthday and Christmas to help pay for a good 30mm scope to put on top.

slowryde45 09-16-2009 01:46 PM

J33,

Sounds like you have it all figured out. I've never bben one to go with the palm rest grips either. I've got many friends who swear by them in their long distance/sniper-type pieces, I'm just not sold on them. But to each his own. Personally, I like the feel of the Ergo grips over the Hogue or Magpuls, just not sure if they will fit the JP - but I can't see why they wouldn't. But that's just me.

As for the stock, the PRS stocks aren't for everyone either. They do add some weight to the package, so be aware of that. As for the other options they offer, why not just go with the standard A2 or even the ACE ARFX first, specially since they are NO CHARGE. Then if you still don't feel comfortable with it, then look into changing it. That would save you $220 up front.

Post some pics when you get it.

Slo

J33Nelson 09-16-2009 02:17 PM

"why not just go with the standard A2 or even the ACE ARFX first, specially since they are NO CHARGE."

My plan was to go with the ACE-ARFX stock because I thought the $220.00 was a lot of money for the Magpul stock. I was just curios for feedback on the Magpul stock to see if it is worth the extra money.

slowryde45 09-16-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J33Nelson (Post 160509)
"why not just go with the standard A2 or even the ACE ARFX first, specially since they are NO CHARGE."

My plan was to go with the ACE-ARFX stock because I thought the $220.00 was a lot of money for the Magpul stock. I was just curios for feedback on the Magpul stock to see if it is worth the extra money.

Some think they are, some not so impressed. I have one on my long range AR, and there are times when I do like it. The adjustability is excellent, the trade-off is weight. But then again, if you are using it for laying on the mat, setting up, adjusting bipod height, stock height and length, dialing in scope adjustments, etc. and shooting, then that isn't an issue.

IF you are thinking about carrying it in the field, making quicker shots (ie-not going through all the set-up, adjustments of gear and gun, etc), or using it for hunting, I would go with the Ace or the A2.

just my .02
Slo

YoteYoda 11-07-2010 12:31 PM

J P Rifles Reply

I recently purchased a custom JP Rifle (JP15). Topped off with a Cmore STS Red Dot Sight for close up shot's and a Trijicon 2.5 x 10 x 56 for my down range kills.

I made three trips to the rifle range to get it ready for the next 7 months of my coyote quest. I am absolutely amazed at the groups at 100 yards and 200 yards (1/4 -1/2 MOA) consistenly. More kissing than I have ever seen. I am a hunter not a paper shooter so I don't know what the full potential of this rilfe is until I see an expert shoot one of them. These groups were shot with factory ammo. While some are busy reloading I am busy chasing ole wiley. Hornady Superformance .223 53gr ballistic tip was the ammo used to get these groups.

JP Rifle is a great choice. I am in the process now of ordering my 2nd JP Rifle chambered in .204.