Indiana Machine Gun Shoot
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Indiana Machine Gun Shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default Indiana Machine Gun Shoot

Last week i was invited to a big shindig. A guy holds an annual machine gun shoot on his property here in North IN.

A long day full of shooting. My son and I were able to use the 1911 and 686. The M-4 and M-44 to shoot steel, and bowling pins. So much more fun shooting reactive targets than just punching paper.

Everyone brought their toys. Many suppressed weapons. Softball flinging motars, cannons, jugs of tannerite, a large assortment of WWII guns to go along with the vast and varied full autos.

Firing the cannon to start the festivities...

Softball flinging mortar...

A small sampling of the "party favors"
one in the front middle...a full auto 12gage

Small sampling continued...

Son cheesing with the 1919 in attendance...

A list of autos i was able to shoot are as follows:

Reising (not sure of the spelling) in .45 acp

G-17...not a glock fan but that full auto handgun is a lot of fun!!

Big daddy shredding with the G-17...

The highest level of entertainment, not an MP3, not an MP4, but an MP5

Getting down with the full auto MP5...

Son and i had a BLAST!!

My camera saved my arse, It took a ricochet in the view finder!!! i guess better the camera than my throat. I am hoping that sometime this week I can figure out how to get the videos off the camera and onto a computer.

A picture of the icing on the cake. Watching my son shoot this beast was the highlight of my day. We were watching it in action and my son says "Man it would be cool to shoot that!!" Not wanting to over extend my welcome, i say "Yeah, it would but i dont think it will happen." The owner of the property and the gun looks over his shoulder at my son and never saying a word holds out a belt of .308 to him.....son stands there dumbfounded. I say, "well, if you want to shoot it, i think hes inviting you to" So son snatched up the belt. I said, "go get in line" when the guy that was shooting got done the owner looks over and yells, "Young man (pointing at my boy) step on up here." So son got to jump in front of some ten folks waiting.

Icing on the cake...highlight of my day. Highlight of my sons young shooting career!! I think the look on his face says it all!!

I have a video of this, the guy that invited me has video he shot on his DSLR. I am HOPING to get the video issues figured out and upload sometime soon.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
Quentin Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #2

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Man that looks like a lot of fun! Glad you weren't hurt and thanks for sharing the pics and story.

Does the camera have a removable memory card? If so and the card is intact you could use a card reader. Or if the camera still functions electronically maybe a USB cable? Hope you can get your pictures, I guess it depends on how bad/deep the camera was hit.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

That looks like it was an incredible day with loads of shooting fun. I'm a little jealous.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2741 Times on 1332 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

FMJ,

Man what a great day to spend a day! And looked like absolutely fantastic. I go to Knob Creek on occasion but the cannons at your location would have been great to see them shoot and hit targets.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #5

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Going to shoot machine guns in Elkhart this weekend!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
FMJ,

Man what a great day to spend a day! And looked like absolutely fantastic. I go to Knob Creek on occasion but the cannons at your location would have been great to see them shoot and hit targets.

Most of these guys are knob creekers. The cat that invited me to this shindig was even contacted by Discovery about doing a "reality" type show like sons of guns or american guns about knob creek. He refused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Man that looks like a lot of fun! Glad you weren't hurt and thanks for sharing the pics and story.

Does the camera have a removable memory card? If so and the card is intact you could use a card reader. Or if the camera still functions electronically maybe a USB cable? Hope you can get your pictures, I guess it depends on how bad/deep the camera was hit.
Yeah, it has a removable memory card, but when i shoot video it is sent to the internal hard drive. The usb was broke before going up, the ricochet just put the final nail in the coffin. Better nail in the cameras coffin than mine, eh?

Good news is i figured out how to send the video to my dvd recorder and one of the guys at the shoot said he would be able to pull the video off the disk and convert to MPEG and put on a flash drive. Bad news is it wont be 1080I (no high def) 480 will have to do. So in a few days and i should be able to upload some videos.

Might even have one of the boy shooting the 1919 as soon as tomorrow.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #7

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

So you were able to connect the camera to DVR via HDMI but can't get it to a PC except through 480p component connection? Arrgghh, I hate HDCP! Or any copy protection! Anyway, if you can get anything that's a partial victory. Good luck.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
So you were able to connect the camera to DVR via HDMI but can't get it to a PC except through 480p component connection? Arrgghh, I hate HDCP! Or any copy protection! Anyway, if you can get anything that's a partial victory. Good luck.
Nope, had to send it to DVR via 480 component connection. The DVR (as with most things i am noticing) only has a HDMI out. I can do HDMI into the tv, but have no outs. >>SIGH<< For whatever reason(s) i cant get the disk to upload into my computer. It plays on all DVD players in the house. It even plays ON the computer....i just cant get it to save to a file for uploading.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
fmj

The first of hopefully a few more to come. This was shot on my friends DSLR camera....he doesnt have the "tech" issues I have considering hes a TECH!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Thanks for sharing FMJ!