If you were to buy ANY .223 on the market under $2500, what would it be? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

If you were to buy ANY .223 on the market under $2500, what would it be?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 294 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 445

Like Q, I would build my own. It would be a bastard red-headed stepchild of many different manufacturers. The buttstock assy. would be bushy, lower receiver would be one of the companies that has a policy to not sell their product to NY, CA, or any state that has whittled their citizen's 2a rights to nonexistence, (actually, all my parts would) The upper would be a monolithic, the BCG would probably be DD. I would have a 3 1/2 lb trigger, possibly a one peice fcg. Whatever gas block I had, it would have a bayonnete lug just to piss off the gun grabbers. I would have an evil flash hider, and it would all be Black.
Quentin Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 04:44 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Fsted2a, that's exactly why so many of us here pick and choose our favorite parts. Newbs tend to think a factory build is the holy grail but some finally get it that you actually can "have it your way"! And yes, so far my three builds are black! But by chance I ended up with stripped lowers from MA, CA and IL - states with tough gun laws. Finally, my last one came from a free state, AZ.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
fsted2a Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #33

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi have a look at the model 85 Sako.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #34

My vote is for either the Wilson Combat Recon Tactical (16" barrel) or Wilson Combat SPR Special Purpose Rifle (18" barrel). They are under $2500, superb craftsmanship, durable and reliable. Either is perfect for when the SHTF.