Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > IDF Tavor TAR-21

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4584 Times on 2217 Posts
Likes Given: 1382

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
I just love bigot posts. There are alot of people that can't accept change. But that is ok. My personal feeling is that if the IDF didn't replace almost all of their M16's with Tavors/Sars, I would say the same thing. But they did. If its good enough for the IDF, its good enough for me.

Cheers.

It's not a "bigot" thing... It's an "experience" thing.

If you'd like to drop $1800.00 on a toy that you can't hit a target with beyond 100 meters, knock yourself out.

The IDF like them for the compactness, reliability, and select fire capability... all important attributes to them given there URBAN engagement environments... and I can guarantee that those IDF fellows kicking in the doors are being backed up from the rooftops by fellows shouldering M14's or M24's...

A military organization can accept "abbreviated" performance without the same hinderance it would cause an individual trying to survive on there own.

Think of it like cars... in the modern world where AAA and a tow truck is mere minutes away, paved roads, and access to studded tires, LOTS OF FOLKS get by with no more that a front wheel drive sedan.

SHTF... take away 911, road maintenance, and tow trucks waiting to assist you, and the vehicular need changes pretty quick.

But like I said to my good friend Locutus... to each his own... if it floats your boat, grab one and be happy!

Tack