IDF Tavor TAR-21 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > IDF Tavor TAR-21

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5752 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 5186

I have a spare EOTech sitting on the bench waiting for it.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #12

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Just checked a local gun shop and asked I'd they were going to get any in. The guy said that he didn't know if the owner was going to order any but I was the second person today to ask about it.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by leschrn View Post
Just checked a local gun shop and asked I'd they were going to get any in. The guy said that he didn't know if the owner was going to order any but I was the second person today to ask about it.
Wouldn't it drive the antis crazy if these started selling by the tens of thousands

Winston Churchill
caspian Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #14

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

It would be fan****ingtastic. Then maybe the price would come down some.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #15

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1481

Read the article and all looked good until hitting the spec column on the last page.

12 lb trigger! are you EFFING kidding me? $1600 to $2000 for a 12 LB TRIGGER PULL!

Drop the price to Kel Tec ranges so it's IN LINE with it's Kel Tec trigger... and I'll think about it.

Tack

Old 05-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There have been two evaluations of it on the military channel.

I'll still take one, sh!tty trigger and all!

Look how crappy the triggers are on the 10-22 and the Mini-14 yet they still sell like hotcakes.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #17

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

I think it all comes down to purpose. This rifle does not seem to be designed for 200+ yard engagements, its a close combat rifle where a heavier trigger may be by design to reduce the chance of accidental discharge and that is acceptable even if it costs a little accuracy.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

locutus Likes This 
Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I think it all comes down to purpose. This rifle does not seem to be designed for 200+ yard engagements, its a close combat rifle where a heavier trigger may be by design to reduce the chance of accidental discharge and that is acceptable even if it costs a little accuracy.
As a "select fire" military arm... Sure. The M16A2 trigger sucked almost as bad but again... It's a military rifle.

I think the majority of civilian shooters who are attracted to semi auto versions of issue military rifles are looking for a SHTF firearm... and if that situation you will not have a "designated marksman" backing you up.

IMHO, the geometry of the bull pup defeats it's own intended goal. The whole benefit of ^^THIS^^ design is to shorten the overall length without needing to shorten the barrel and loose the velocity and accuracy that comes with it. Brilliant idea but until someone figures out how to overcome the geometrical trigger issue and build one of these that's does not feel like shooting a Kel Teck... It will remain a novelty and continue to be passed over by those who know what an effective self loading rifle needs to be.

Tack

Old 05-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #19

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
As a "select fire" military arm... Sure. The M16A2 trigger sucked almost as bad but again... It's a military rifle.

I think the majority of civilian shooters who are attracted to semi auto versions of issue military rifles are looking for a SHTF firearm... and if that situation you will not have a "designated marksman" backing you up.

IMHO, the geometry of the bull pup defeats it's own intended goal. The whole benefit of ^^THIS^^ design is to shorten the overall length without needing to shorten the barrel and loose the velocity and accuracy that comes with it. Brilliant idea but until someone figures out how to overcome the geometrical trigger issue and build one of these that's does not feel like shooting a Kel Teck... It will remain a novelty and continue to be passed over by those who know what an effective self loading rifle needs to be.

Tack
I just love bigot posts. There are alot of people that can't accept change. But that is ok. My personal feeling is that if the IDF didn't replace almost all of their M16's with Tavors/Sars, I would say the same thing. But they did. If its good enough for the IDF, its good enough for me.

Cheers.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
There have been two evaluations of it on the military channel.

I'll still take one, sh!tty trigger and all!

Look how crappy the triggers are on the 10-22 and the Mini-14 yet they still sell like hotcakes.
Sure they do... but a 10/22 will run you $149.00 at Bi Mart and you can still find Mini's for under $600.00... before the Newtown I was seeing Minis as low $350.

To each his own partner but I would not consider it until someone comes out with a far better trigger... which I don't know is possible given the geometry of the bull pup.

Tack