Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > I broke my hyman Friday night.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I broke my hyman Friday night.

My boss handed me his Thompson sub machine gun Friday night and told me that shooting it was better than sex. So I plopped down a twenty and bought me a fifty pack of 45s.

I was always a big fan of the TV series the Untouchables and really got off on the part in the beginning of the show when their cutting loose with the Thompson and there is a constant light show coming off the muzzle. It was after hours at the range so I loaded a 30 rounder, sent a blue man down to 25 yard line, shut off the lights and proceeded to fire. I tried one three shot burst, which didn't do anything for me and proceeded to cut loose. Well to say the least, that date only lasted a couple of seconds. I lit a smoke and laid back for a while and it wasn't long before I was ready for round two, you all can call me Mr. Two-times from now on. I turned on the lights and the blue dude target had hit the floor and there was brass everywhere. I told the boss later that he was right, although, I didn't think I could afford that date too often.

After I closed up for the night I went home and told the wife that we are taking a second mortgage out on the house because I needed twenty thousand dollars. She asked me what hair-brained scheme had I'd come up with now and when I told her, all she said was, Joe turn off the lights and go to bed. I guess her not taking me serious didn't bother me too much because I was pretty spent and wasn't a virgin any longer.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 06-15-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Very cool, and very funny!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #3

Best. Story. Ever.

That is all.

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 06-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've always wanted to shoot one but never had a chance. The only full auto i've shot outside of the military was an uzi. It was cool, no where near sex.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #5

I dunno...as a member of the "tribe" (though a Christian now) I definitely could dig the whole full auto Uzi thing. Then again, the silenced, full auto Uzi was even better.

However, I must say the first time I shot a fifty caliber rifle, I was definitely like "boing!"

I mean, a few rounds later I was also like "ow" because of the whole shoulder thing...but there was definitely a "boing!" factor going on.

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #6

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Lucky...

I wish I could lose my virginity to a MP5 or M60, but I don't see that happening in the near future. I am forever doomed to be a virgin!

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Still a virgin....

I've given much consideration to renting the Mp5 at the range, but as of now, still have not fired a full auto. If I had the funds, I'd rent the 50BMG they have. (If anyone seen the "Hogan Knows Best" when Hogan took Brooke's boyfriend to the range and shot the 50bmg, that is THE same gun. We shoot at the same range).

On another note, Ifired 17 rounds through my Marlin Mod 60 as fast as they'd go through it, but I'm msure that doesn't count.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I had shooted a few full auto: a FN-FAL, UZI, Ingram (mini) and a Custom Browning HP with fire selector.... from all those above I only like the FN-FAL.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 07-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
My boss handed me his Thompson sub machine gun Friday night and told me that shooting it was better than sex. So I plopped down a twenty and bought me a fifty pack of 45s.

I was always a big fan of the TV series the Untouchables and really got off on the part in the beginning of the show when their cutting loose with the Thompson and there is a constant light show coming off the muzzle. It was after hours at the range so I loaded a 30 rounder, sent a blue man down to 25 yard line, shut off the lights and proceeded to fire. I tried one three shot burst, which didn't do anything for me and proceeded to cut loose. Well to say the least, that date only lasted a couple of seconds. I lit a smoke and laid back for a while and it wasn't long before I was ready for round two, you all can call me Mr. Two-times from now on. I turned on the lights and the blue dude target had hit the floor and there was brass everywhere. I told the boss later that he was right, although, I didn't think I could afford that date too often.

After I closed up for the night I went home and told the wife that we are taking a second mortgage out on the house because I needed twenty thousand dollars. She asked me what hair-brained scheme had I'd come up with now and when I told her, all she said was, Joe turn off the lights and go to bed. I guess her not taking me serious didn't bother me too much because I was pretty spent and wasn't a virgin any longer.

Damn I'm green with envy. The closest I ever came was shooting a friends semi-auto Thompson. That was a real pisser too - one hell of a heavy son-of-a-bitch, you could actually see the bullets fly to the target. I grew up on a steady diet of Elliot Ness in the 60's TV series also and I always wanted one. I may just spend the $1500 to buy the semi version. My buddy got his from someone in financial trouble for $600. It came with 4 stick mags, two 100 rd. drums, and a hard case.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #10

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

OK...OK...you know this is a Navy story because it starts with "This aint no shit!"

Back in the sixties, the Navy had small arms lockers on board Polaris Submarines that included Thompsons and as the ship's Small Arms Petty Officer I had the pleasure to exercise, train and clean the weapons. The thirty round sticks needed to be hand loaded and I would require each 'student' to load two but only shoot one.

Before they could come topside, they would load two sticks and when they got topside, would hand them to me. Into the ammo sack the fresh sticks would go. I would hand the 'student' (sometimes an officer) a Thompson and explain the safety and function of the weapon. I would hand them a stick with 20-25 rounds and make sure they loaded and racked a round to battery and put the the safe on. Then I would take a second Thompson and load a fresh stick. We would go through the single then auto fire process. Depending how gun savvy the 'student' was would determine how many rounds the next 'student' would get to shoot. I would let them loose with the remaining rounds.

They would clear the weapon and take the empty stick down below to be reloaded by the next 'student'.

Yep one, less than full mag, of 45 was the only training the "new guys" would get, and to a man, not one knew they had not shot 30 rounds.

Oh yea, my buds and I had plenty of loaded 30 rd sticks to play with!

And yes, I have "John Wayne'd" a pair of Thompsons from the waist! Sixty rounds of full auto 45 ACP is "better than sex" or at least as good as any one could find in the middle of the Irish Sea!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello