How much do M1 garands go for? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > How much do M1 garands go for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandGuy View Post
The only way they will send his Garand to his door is if he has an FFL01 / 03 or a C&R license in his name, other than that, you'll have to have the Garand sent to a gunshop willing to participate in the transaction. See the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968. That is what I had to do to get my Garand. CMP is still selling M-2 Ball suited to the M-1 Garand.
If you mean mailed directly from the CMP, that's not correct. You don't have to have the ffl. As long as you qualify to purchase it will be mailed directly to you. Their congressional charter allows it. In fact, FedEx will even hold it for you if you ask in advance.

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I bought a M1 more than a year ago that is in good condition from the Korerian war erea all springfield for $1,100. It came with the issued cleaning kit, bayonette and carry bag. It was a gift for my 81 year old farther who was a Marine in that war. He shot the hell out of it several times and I could almost see the 1st Sgt poping of the rounds. He would grin ear to ear when he heard that "ting!" The mag was empty, and say "thats a real rifle"! He never liked to shoot the AR's my son and I know as USMC rifles. Why I bought this for him so we could shoot together more often.

I got a deal on the rifle as the seller was a Marine my farther's age and liked the reason I was buying the rifle. Open market I expect it is worth more than double what I paid but with that said you can find many M1's coped together with parts from diferent manufactures for $750 to $1400. If you want a pure example in good condition with all of the accesories expect to pay at least $2,000. I have the documents on the one I purchased to show it was sold to the former owner in 1967 from the USMC for $183. So I expect it's worth a bit more but not something I'll ever sell.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #13

Default original

if you put all the parts on that it was supposed to have its not original.it is fake.since they would not be the parts that were on the gun in the begining.
so you would be cheating your self as well as a buyer.and if you buy from CMP you know you are getting an arsenal inspected gun.that will work.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:20 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCATT View Post
if you put all the parts on that it was supposed to have its not original.it is fake.since they would not be the parts that were on the gun in the begining.
so you would be cheating your self as well as a buyer.and if you buy from CMP you know you are getting an arsenal inspected gun.that will work.
Good point Wildcat but I learned a lot of M1's were refitted and reissued with parts from other manufactures so I think it comes down to erea issued parts. Mine is clean as it has all the factory parts and I expect it never left the states. Even with that expressed it's hard to fake a M1, it might be refurbushed and be at the low end of the price scale but it's still a M1 and a fine rifle to shoot/own. Heck I'm looking for a nicely refitted M1 at a fair price that I can shoot more often. The one I have is only shot by my farther and if I'm lucky he lets me pop a few rounds before banishing me back to my AR.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9138 Times on 3946 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Once again, go visit the site: CMP Home And no, an 01/03 FFL is not required to buy a rifle from the CMP. In most cases, it is required, but this is the exception. They act in the place of the 01 FFL, do the background check, etc. BTW, anyone that is a commissioned officer of the US military meets the requirments for affilaition, competion, and citizenship- a copyu of your ID card covers all of that. Active, Reserve National Guard, and retired.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #16

Junho 806:
If not too late in your search, a friend is considering a day trip fairly soon to the CMP warehouse in Anniston, AL.

He said that they have racks full of them. Mike just bought a guy's Garand which was converted to shoot .308. Mike seems to really know his rifles. In Navy Rifle Team (he retired but still shoots with them) and other matches, he has won more than several rifles as prizes and seems to have learned quite a bit.
This is all still new to me.

Send a note and will ask him any question or ask him to furnish his cell number.
If I forget to check this website (read about seven at times), check my nickname at 'Gunandgame', 'Mosin Nagant' forum for e-mail options.

Last edited by Laufer; 02-25-2009 at 08:24 AM.