hk33 bolt carrier

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > hk33 bolt carrier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default hk33 bolt carrier

I am having trouble with my bolt carrier and trunion, when the bolt carrier goes all the way up in the trunion I can't push it back easy, i end up pushing really hard against a piece of wood until it finally snaps out of it, what would be the fix for this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5724 Times on 2992 Posts
Likes Given: 379

is your rifle a kit gun as in home built with parts kit?? if it is, this is a common issue as not all non-hk parts work with hk recievers. cant really mixmaster the hk 33/g3 type rifles.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #3

it started out as a parts kit yes. If my memory is right i got a receiver that is can work on a 33/53. I got a cocking tube that works on a 33/53. does that mean i have to get a bolt carrier set up for a 53? everything went together smoothly until i had it in mock assembly and tried to run a few bullets through it, of course not shoot it but let the bolt put it where it goes than take it out through pulling the cocking tube back, it just doesn't wanna go without some brute force

Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 AM   #4

then also, when the bullet is in the barrel the bolt carrier doesn't go as far forward as it should, i would assume this is more bolt carrier problems?

Old 04-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5724 Times on 2992 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedtrucks4me View Post
it started out as a parts kit yes. If my memory is right i got a receiver that is can work on a 33/53. I got a cocking tube that works on a 33/53. does that mean i have to get a bolt carrier set up for a 53? everything went together smoothly until i had it in mock assembly and tried to run a few bullets through it, of course not shoot it but let the bolt put it where it goes than take it out through pulling the cocking tube back, it just doesn't wanna go without some brute force
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedtrucks4me View Post
then also, when the bullet is in the barrel the bolt carrier doesn't go as far forward as it should, i would assume this is more bolt carrier problems?
yes that could be the issue. a lot of those parts kits come from asian sources or sources that just toss random pieces in to fill an order. no care is given to part fitting or whether the parts even really are the same.

its most liekly your carrier and bolt are out of spec for the reciever. im not an expert in that firearm you might want to consult a gunsmith proficient in the HK33 for a reliable source for that specific reciever. this is something an expert needs to see hands on to recomend a parts source.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #6

OK, I will get with my local gunsmith and see exactly what the deal is. thanks for the help