Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   hk33 bolt carrier (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/hk33-bolt-carrier-41074/)

liftedtrucks4me 04-10-2011 05:49 PM

hk33 bolt carrier

I am having trouble with my bolt carrier and trunion, when the bolt carrier goes all the way up in the trunion I can't push it back easy, i end up pushing really hard against a piece of wood until it finally snaps out of it, what would be the fix for this?

JonM 04-11-2011 01:24 AM

is your rifle a kit gun as in home built with parts kit?? if it is, this is a common issue as not all non-hk parts work with hk recievers. cant really mixmaster the hk 33/g3 type rifles.

liftedtrucks4me 04-12-2011 03:32 AM

it started out as a parts kit yes. If my memory is right i got a receiver that is can work on a 33/53. I got a cocking tube that works on a 33/53. does that mean i have to get a bolt carrier set up for a 53? everything went together smoothly until i had it in mock assembly and tried to run a few bullets through it, of course not shoot it but let the bolt put it where it goes than take it out through pulling the cocking tube back, it just doesn't wanna go without some brute force

liftedtrucks4me 04-12-2011 03:33 AM

then also, when the bullet is in the barrel the bolt carrier doesn't go as far forward as it should, i would assume this is more bolt carrier problems?

JonM 04-12-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liftedtrucks4me (Post 484686)
it started out as a parts kit yes. If my memory is right i got a receiver that is can work on a 33/53. I got a cocking tube that works on a 33/53. does that mean i have to get a bolt carrier set up for a 53? everything went together smoothly until i had it in mock assembly and tried to run a few bullets through it, of course not shoot it but let the bolt put it where it goes than take it out through pulling the cocking tube back, it just doesn't wanna go without some brute force

Quote:

Originally Posted by liftedtrucks4me (Post 484688)
then also, when the bullet is in the barrel the bolt carrier doesn't go as far forward as it should, i would assume this is more bolt carrier problems?

yes that could be the issue. a lot of those parts kits come from asian sources or sources that just toss random pieces in to fill an order. no care is given to part fitting or whether the parts even really are the same.

its most liekly your carrier and bolt are out of spec for the reciever. im not an expert in that firearm you might want to consult a gunsmith proficient in the HK33 for a reliable source for that specific reciever. this is something an expert needs to see hands on to recomend a parts source.

liftedtrucks4me 04-13-2011 07:18 PM

OK, I will get with my local gunsmith and see exactly what the deal is. thanks for the help