Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > HK mp5k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default HK mp5k

I'm looking into getting an HK mp5k. Any thoughts on this weapon?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7572 Times on 3299 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

If you are in the US, I think you have a very large checkbook. Last transferrable full auto 5K I saw was very pricy. the 5K is a bit short for my tastes- liked the 5K-PDW setup a bit more. Where R you located?

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #3

I'm in Arkansas. I've seen the HK mp5 semi auto at the local armory. I am guessing they would have no problems ordering the hk mp5k if I requested it.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:02 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7572 Times on 3299 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

The MP5K is a full auto. No new full autos can be registered, only those made and registereed as of May 1986- which is why prices have gone thru roof on full auto. If you mean a semi, think you are speaking of the H&K SP89. Sorry, misunderstood.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 10-05-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

If not the H&K SP89, maybe you are thinking of the civilian version of the H&K UMP or could consider one.

There are three versions of the UMP: the UMP45, firing a .45 ACP cartridge; the UMP40, firing a .40 S&W cartridge; and the UMP9, firing a 9X19mm Parabellum cartridge. Apart from the different chambering, all versions feature the same basic design, the most noticeable difference being the curved magazine used on the UMP9 (whereas the UMP40 and UMP45 use a straight magazine). All three versions of the weapon can be converted to any of the available chamberings via replacement of the bolt barrel, and magazine.

The USC or Universal Self loading Carbine is a semi-automatic version of the UMP that could be owned by private citizens for sporting purposes. It was designed following the AWB of 1994 in the United States and conforms to those standards. Changes from the original UMP include a "thumbhole" type stock and grip (versus the pistol grip of the UMP), longer barrel, limited 10-round magazine, and semi-automatic only trigger group and action.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #6

You could own a HK MP-5K in your state. Current market price $ 18,000 plus 1 time $ 200 transfer tax and about 6 months for the paperwork to clear.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #7

wow. Well, I guess I just assumed I could find a semi automatic version of the hk mp5k since I saw what appeared to be, and looked exactly like an hk mp5 at the local armory. Good info to know. Thanks.

Ryan

Old 10-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, we were probably looking at the same one...

Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default CA89k PDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikotromus11 View Post
wow. Well, I guess I just assumed I could find a semi automatic version of the hk mp5k since I saw what appeared to be, and looked exactly like an hk mp5 at the local armory. Good info to know. Thanks.

Ryan
Niko,
Now I may get some flak for this, but here's a link to Coharie's website. The owner, said that he's selling all of his MP5 type clones. The prices are really good, but you may have to put some upgrades into the weapon and/or do a bit of work on it to get it running smoothly. Some have had really good luck with these weapons right out of the box. They come with a lifetime warranty, so you can always send it back if you have any issues.

CA89k $975 Coharie Arms Inc.