Hk 94 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hk 94

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 04:15 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 18 Posts

Its a 6.5 inch reg solud barrel, fixed to the end is a 9.5 inch muzzle brake/ baffle stack that the sleeve fits over. Barrel is no way altered only the brake. Thus no pressure is being lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-12-2014, 04:30 AM   #32

Ohk ill explain to you the design of the gun so you can better understand.

You have a 9mm pistol and you throw on a suppressor at the end. Now take the sleeve off the suppressor. Thats how the mpx functions normally. With an ugly baffle stack at the end of a barrel.

Now put back on the sleeve and its now suppressed. No different from the mpx. No holes in the barrel what so ever.
Without the sleeve the gun will function with the sleeve the gun will function quietly. Nothing being changed here. No gas piston, its blowback like a pistol.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeball View Post
Ohk ill explain to you the design of the gun so you can better understand.

You have a 9mm pistol and you throw on a suppressor at the end. Now take the sleeve off the suppressor. Thats how the mpx functions normally. With an ugly baffle stack at the end of a barrel.

Now put back on the sleeve and its now suppressed. No different from the mpx. No holes in the barrel what so ever.
Without the sleeve the gun will function with the sleeve the gun will function quietly. Nothing being changed here. No gas piston, its blowback like a pistol.

Ok I understand what they did in suppression terms now. And its now obvious why the atf is cranky about it from your description.

But sig's own advertising text says its short stroke gas piston design.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #34

Default Hk 94

Oh ok just read the description. They say its gas but looking at the components i dont see how it is. Well regardless im sure the jun will work fine, still not technically integrally suppressed but it is integral like.

Last edited by jakeball; 04-12-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #35
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeball View Post
Oh ok just read the description. They say its gas but looking at the components i dont see how it is. Well regardless im sure the jun will work fine, still not technically integrally suppressed but it is integral like.

Pistol rounds like 9mm 40sw 45acp don't have a lot of gas pressure which is why smg tend to be direct or delayed blow back operated.

Anyway there are other gas operated short stroke design that are very finicky and have a lot of issues. Usually its the dirty nature of lower pressure rounds I mentioned they tend not to burn very clean.

I would suggest wait for some reviews of folks who get it. I'm just dubious of gas operated pistol round guns. The only one I know of that works damn well is the desert eagle.

If you run across pics of or a diagram of the parts I would love to see how they are doing the piston setup.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #36

Itll be fine im sure. Sig don't make junk. And its still the same concept as a screw on suppressor, just on a different scale.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #37

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1397394764.071604.jpg

Bit of a better view. Never was a fan of Sig's over priced guns til i heard them wanting to but heads with the atf, (no i wont capitalize it, i don't see their regulations on guns as constitutional) but as for now im starting to like the company a bit more. After all they are doing something, not lying over like some others.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Whomever is running sig r&d has my vote. They are really pushing the envelope.

snyder77 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #39

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Maybe a USC with a semi-auto UMP conversion?