Hk 94
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hk 94

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 18 Posts

Default Hk 94

Looking at getting an mp5/ hk 94 as an sbr and suppressor ready.
It would be a big help if you can through in your input.

Only want input from those who own or shoot the gun extensively, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

good luck...

parts and magazines arent terribly common and damn pricey when you find them.

the mp5sd is a dream to to shoot but i wouldnt want to own one just because of the difficulty in getting parts.

most police agencies moved away from hk i think due to shoddy support structure. hk support after the sale isnt exactly steller.

anyway they are fun and accurate guns reliability in terms of longevity of parts not so much. friend of mine has a full auto mp5sd and he is always waiting on some dinky part or other. its like a jaguar or ferrari great driving vehicle when its actually running. my friend's doesnt jam or fte or ftf until something breaks.

if i was going to 9mm carbine i would opt for the rra 9mm ar15 now THOSE are a hoot. i got the pleasure of shooting a colt 9mm smg once, years ago and its even sweeter than a mp5sd.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #3

No fan of the ar platform but thanks.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I have shot a military mp5sd and when properly tuned and maintained they are a dream, but like JonM said they are finicky and when something goes wrong you will be searching for months for parts and when you do find them they cost an arm or a leg. I have only ever shot one clone of the mp5 and that was a bobcat and it did work flawlessly, but the downside is the price. The clones are gonna be easily $2k+ and a real HK just a parts kit will easily cost $3k and you would still need a reciever which will cost around $1500. I understand wanting one and wish you the best of luck looking for one. FWIW though I would check into some more modern SBR/Subguns if your gonna spend that type of money I would want something that if something did break it would only be a quick looksee on google to find an inexpensive part band get it operational whereas it might take months to get an MP5 back up. Like I said I wish you luck in your endeavor.

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Personally I hope they start making civilian models of this bad boy http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/05/joe-grine/obscure-object-of-desire-knights-armament-pdw/

Old 04-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #6

Whats your suggestion on a fun platform then?

Requirements:
Sbr/small package
Threaded barrel
Prefer pistol cartridges (9mm mainly)
No ar platform
Cost of rifle 4k or less
Replacement part easily found/ reasonably priced

Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeball View Post
Whats your suggestion on a fun platform then?

Requirements:
Sbr/small package
Threaded barrel
Prefer pistol cartridges (9mm mainly)
No ar platform
Cost of rifle 4k or less
Replacement part easily found/ reasonably priced

Ruling out the ar based versions there really aren't any. Kriss vector is pretty popular but it uses crappy glock mags (huge weak point in the system). Uzi is another one but its pretty damn heavy. Short-sterling is very dated but its the gun that storm troopers carried and pretty cool looking if your into star wars

There are some more modern ones from companies like beretta and a few others but are severely neutered for import and lack most of the features you want.

Is there a reason for the anti ar platform because other than what we covered above there really aren't much here in america. We just aren't geared to subgun use like it is in asia and europe.

If you do go mp5/hk94 I suggest research parts because the 94 isn't really imported.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-10-2014, 01:49 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

One other thing.

The biggest issue with smg types is the magazine. There are only so many ways to make a 20-30 round pistol caliber magazine work well. This is always the sticking point.

The best designed mags are the uzi mags the worst are the glock mags. Uzi pretty much copied the sten mag which was based off the thompson design.

One of the reasons I haven't bothered with a kriss is your forced to use glock mags which tend to have issues the closer it gets to twenty and above. That's why they ship with low capacity ones.

Anyway I would concentrate on something that uses a sten/uzi/colt/thompson type design if your looking at 9mm or 45.

The cz skorpion is a hoot but its chambered in .32... kinda disapointing. They do turn up new from time to time.

If you don't mind loading ammo there is also the russian ppsh. Used to be easy to get tokarev ammo but not so much nwadays and is quickly becoming a reload only cartridge.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:49 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Modern I'd say ps90 it's a 5.7 round though and the Kriss vector which is pretty sweet . Older models Uzi, Mac 10-11, Suomi, sten, Thompson, m3 grease gun and a couple others if you can find them. If you don't totally rule out the ar platform you could build a car-9 they are awesome. There is not too many modern sub machine guns available here because even though people want them the barrel length is prohibitive unless you wanna sbr and pay the tax and invite the ATF to visit whenever they want

Old 04-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
and invite the ATF to visit whenever they want

That's a myth.

The atf cannot come see you when ever if your stamp owner. That treat is reserved solely for ffl types and even then they don't just pop in unannounced.

Possession of a nfa stamp does not waive your right to freedom from illegal search and siezure.