Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hipoint 9mm

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,201
Liked 2184 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1770

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Yeah...what he said... CARBINES...
Sonic, I'm never going to ask you for a carbine...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Sonic, I'm never going to ask you for a carbine...
... and front end loaders can be a little confusing....




__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,201
Liked 2184 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1770

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
... and front end loaders can be a little confusing....
I guess as long as you don't run a tool rental,

you'll be OK...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSTX39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
What's your pros and cons on the hi point in 9mm Luger? Might get one since ammo is cheap and the gun is only 300 bucks.. Can u use steel cases ammo in this gun too? Thank guys
$300 for a hi point? No sir plz don't. $169 free shipping at budsgunshop.com .... Keep in mind that hi point pistols are hit & miss. Too bulky to carry besides in winter but I wouldn't trust my life with it anyway. I've seen some hi points take a beating & still function. Maybe they worked out the kinks. Just don't use ur life to find out. Best thing to do is, save ur money for GLOCK, xd, 1911, khar, ruger or something along the lines. U always wanna buy a gun that works, even if its just ur fun gun.
__________________
SSTX39 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
UrbanNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
Posts: 934
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTX39

$300 for a hi point? No sir plz don't. $169 free shipping at budsgunshop.com .... Keep in mind that hi point pistols are hit & miss. Too bulky to carry besides in winter but I wouldn't trust my life with it anyway. I've seen some hi points take a beating & still function. Maybe they worked out the kinks. Just don't use ur life to find out. Best thing to do is, save ur money for GLOCK, xd, 1911, khar, ruger or something along the lines. U always wanna buy a gun that works, even if its just ur fun gun.
He is asking about the carbine. Not the pistol.
__________________

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

UrbanNinja is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:19 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSTX39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

He is asking about the carbine. Not the pistol.
Oh ok. In that case, I hear the Carbine is way above the pistols. Don't know personally, but all I hear are decent reviews.
__________________
SSTX39 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
UrbanNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
Posts: 934
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTX39

Oh ok. In that case, I hear the Carbine is way above the pistols. Don't know personally, but all I hear are decent reviews.
Ive borrowed my brother in-laws a couple of times. Its actually a pretty decent rifle. The magazines will fit into the pistol as well.. just not the other way around.
I enjoy both the pistol and rifle.. I will always recommend a hi-point for fun. Just not for personal protection unless thats all you have and can afford.
__________________

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

UrbanNinja is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSTX39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

Ive borrowed my brother in-laws a couple of times. Its actually a pretty decent rifle. The magazines will fit into the pistol as well.. just not the other way around.
I enjoy both the pistol and rifle.. I will always recommend a hi-point for fun. Just not for personal protection unless thats all you have and can afford.
If its all I have, I wouldn't care what it is lol
__________________
SSTX39 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Big-Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 272
Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I've shot a Highpoint 9mm once, but it was a pistol. It shot pretty well. But if I was looking to buy my first rifle or pistol, I myself wouldn't get a Highpoint. I would save money to buy something with better quality. The reason I wouldn't buy one for my first is because there is way to many opinions on Highpoint's. Half says they're good, half says they're bad. But if it's all you can afford then go for it. We need more shooters in this country regardless of what they shoot!!!!!!! They are cheap and from what I've heard the company has good customer service. I do plan on buying a Highpoint 9mm pistol this year to see what they can do. And if it goes well I plan on buying more Highpoints.

__________________
Big-Nasty is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
VikingGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South St. Paul,Minnesota
Posts: 67
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I have a 995TS and I love shooting it. I have had ZERO issues with it. Wish I had more time to go shoot it more.

__________________

POW / MIA - Never Forget

VikingGuy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
HiPoint 4095 Carbine RL357Mag Range Report 15 07-17-2012 01:04 PM
HiPoint 995 Project lukeisme DIY Projects 20 07-28-2010 04:25 PM
Requiem to a HiPoint... RL357Mag General Handgun Discussion 15 08-23-2009 11:43 PM