Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > High Point 995 9mm Carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Life is too short to shoot ugly guns or skimp on quality.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Life is too short to shoot ugly guns or skimp on quality.
Get over it! Opinions are like butt holes......we all have one and YOUR'S STINKS!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #43

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfieldrep View Post
Get over it! Opinions are like butt holes......we all have one and YOUR'S STINKS!
First, in all respect to stalkingbear, he has no experience with the Hi-Point carbines. He hears Hi-Point, and he hears nothing else. This is coming from a Taurus guy. The fact is that the Hi-Point carbines are very competent functioning rifles. They are also very accurate, imo.

Second, shame on you for digging up an old thread and slamming the opinion of a well respected Supporting Member on your first post. Not a good showing for you, imo.

Everyone does have an opinion. If you think someone else's stinks, then you do not need to make an arse of yourself in doing so. Thus, I think your opinion of someone else's opinion smells like fried crap. Seriously, your first post?? I will assume that you are not a thinker.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

ROFL!!

You might be a dolt if..............

Old 08-23-2009, 05:21 AM   #45

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

stalkingbear, what do you think of the Kel-Tec Sub-2000? Here is my purpose (so you can gauge your response to the actual need it would fulfill):

-Faster/more powerful end result than even full-size pistol
-Must be .40 or better
-Want it right now because of political/financial possible unrest
-Cheap

I definitely plan on building an AR-15 that will eventually fill the need for a long gun that packs a much larger punch than a handgun. I love the fact that the Sub-2000 takes the magazines of a Glock. I would probably buy a Glock 22 in .40 S&W at the same time.

I could buy a Sub-2000, a Glock 22, and several mags and ammo (2 weapons) for the same price of a good AR-15 (maybe even cheaper than a middling AR-15). Then I could afford it NOW while saving up for a couple years for a really good AR-15 build project.

From your gunsmith experience, what do you think of the Kel-Tec?

And it would HAVE to be in .40. 9mm just wouldn't fill this need.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #46

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Based on what I've seen of them, the Kel-Tec is either hit or miss, with almost all being in the ok category. From what I've personally seen, Kel-Tec customer service usually sucks, that's why you hope to get a good 1. You SHOULD be ok as I've gotten only 2 in to send back.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 09-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #47

The original 995 is a $200 ugly stick that shoots great and is very reliable!

That is why people buy the ATI stock to make them look like a Beretta PX4 that costs $700.

Now you don't have to do the conversion because hi-point just came out with the new 995TS.

Great new carbine for $250.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #48

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I like the front end, but that skeletonized butt stock looks awful.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 09-13-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #49
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

I got one from a friend fro $100 dollars. With a little adjusting thing shoots dead on accurate. Great little rifle far better than their pistols and a have one of those. Sometimes Ugly is attractive.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:22 AM   #50

Default Cute little gun

I bought 4 of these 995s at the Cal Ranch in Idaho Falls on sale for $170 ea. I read all the reviews, I learned about the company, and figured I couldn't loose.
The Mrs. wanted one just to have and because it fits a woman well, she says its a cute little gun and I have to agree. But then again we like bulldogs, catchin carp, living away from folks, and staying off the grid.
My only bitch is that a box of 9mm is $13 and I can burn a case through these little pea shooters in an afternoon. Not cheap..
All 4 carbines have had at least a case run through them and other than one jam on one gun on the first clip through it, I have never had a jam. The more you put through them the better they shoot.
I bought four 15 round Promag clips from milsurpstuff.com and one ATI stock. ATI stock was a pain in the ass to fit but with a 1/4" round file and some elbow grease it all went together. Much better quality stock than the Hi-Points. Then the 15 round clip wouldn't fit the ATI so I had to take a grinder to the block. Another pain in the ass but I got it to work and it now the little gun looks like a finely polished turd.
I have a range set up with benches at 50, 100, and 200 yards. With the stock Hi-Point iron sites from a rest I can group 10 rounds in 2" at 50, at 100 I can group 10 in 10", at 200.... well only an ******* would try to shoot a 9mm at 200 yards!
I haven't scoped any of them because a scope would never hold up to the abuse we put them through. 2 stay on the 4-wheelers in tool boxes, one is behind the seat of my truck, and the ATI version goes under the seat of the wifes old caddy.
I've killed skunks, raccoons, rabbits, pine hens, rats, and more ferel cats than I can count with these little guns. Damn good shooters.
Hi-Point proves that we as Americans can still complete with China and build inexpensive quality. Built in an enconomically devastated area of Ohio, they are using old tooling factories for parts and putting AMERICANS back to work at fair wages. Damn fine engineering, these little guns are worth 3 times what they cost.
No frills shooting, reliable, inexpensive, and built by Americans. If you're gonna go around bad mouthing Hi-Point, you might just be a communist. But thats just my opinon, I could be wrong.

995-small.jpg