Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > High Point 995 9mm Carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
Have you seen the new stock version coming out soon? Much better looking than the old stock.
I don't dislike the original. Unlike other's, I don't think it's "ugly" looking - just different. What I DO like about the original stock is it's the lightest gun I own, and therefore very easy to bring into battery and bracing the sling around the back of the upper bicept, can even be fired with one hand.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 04-11-2009, 03:25 AM   #32

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I have the 4095 Carbine and I love it. It shoots 2" groups at 50 yds. all day long with no jams. I bought it new in 2004 and have had zero problems, with the exception of a problem I caused by forgetting to drop a powder charge in a case. While doing rapid fire drills, the squib load jammed in the barrel and the two subsequent rounds pushed it to the end of the barrel. With three 200gr. Hornady XTP's jammed in the barrel, the barrel neither swelled nor burst. I embarrasingly called and explained what happened to HIPoint (Beemiller Inc.) and they suggested I return it to them with a note and pre-paid postage. I sent the gun back but forgot to include the pre-paid postage. One week later I called them up to give them my credit card for return postage and the guy on the phone said they shipped back already! That day I received my rifle from UPS at HiPoints' expense. It had been rebarrelled, they gave me a new stock (?), new sling, scope mount, extra mag, and enclosed a note saying they "Buffed" the trigger too. Try getting that level of customer service from Ruger, Marlin, or any other firearms manufacturer! I've found that most people that complain about HiPoint have never owned one. I would not buy one of their pistols for a "carry piece", but I would buy another one of their carbines any day.
Amen! I have the 4095 and I am looking forward to the 4595. Problem is, it was first to be out last spring, and then last fall. Now, it is put off again. Anyhoo, they are built in Ohio and have the best customer service around. I have yet to use them, but that's all I hear.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:09 AM   #33

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

if the 4095's & the new 4595's work half as good as the 9millie....im def. in on trying to purchase another one...if i can find that good deal

Last edited by m72law; 04-11-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
if the 4095's & the new 4595's work half as good as the 9millie....im def. in on trying to purchase another one...if i can find that good deal
My friend has the 995 and we had a "shoot-off" last weekend. I edged him out with my 4095 by about 1/2" in group size - but he was using factory ammo and I was using my reloads.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #35

I bought a 995 when they first came out. It is so UGLY! But . . . it never fails to feed, shoot or eject and within 50 yds it is pretty accurate. Best $100 I ever spent on a gun. Did I mention that it is so-o-o-o- UGLY?

Old 04-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #36

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
I bought a 995 when they first came out. It is so UGLY! But . . . it never fails to feed, shoot or eject and within 50 yds it is pretty accurate. Best $100 I ever spent on a gun. Did I mention that it is so-o-o-o- UGLY?
Then why did you buy it? I mean, what originally possessed you to buy a gun that is "soooooo UGLY"? Can you post a pic of your girlfriend? I'd like to see if your taste in guns is similar to you taste in women...

Last edited by RL357Mag; 04-12-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #37

RL,
You must have missed the part where said, "$100". Even with the High Point name, a carbine for that price was hard to pass up. As far as the girlfirend, I haven't had one of those for 37 yrs. She still looks a lot better than anything High Point has ever made but sadly she has also cost me a lot more than $100, too

Old 04-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #38

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
RL,
You must have missed the part where said, "$100". Even with the High Point name, a carbine for that price was hard to pass up. As far as the girlfirend, I haven't had one of those for 37 yrs. She still looks a lot better than anything High Point has ever made but sadly she has also cost me a lot more than $100, too
LOL - I didn't miss the $100 - in fact I paid $189 in 2004 for mine. What I couldn't miss was the emphasis you placed on "UGLY". If something strikes me as "UGLY" with a capital "U", generally I don't care how functional it is. Conversely, if you are what you eat, than I'm definately fast, cheap, and easy...

Old 04-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #39

I recently had an opportunity to shoot a Hi-Point 45 caliber pistol and was impressed. Solid gun, heavy and accurate. Can't believe the price!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #40

Default Love my 995!

I recently purchased an older model 995 from a good buddy of mine. I'm pretty sure he had never dismantled or cleaned it. When I first saw a 995 I was immediately like "wow that's what you call fugly" but the price was intriguing to say the least, so I bought my buddy's to see what was up. I ran a few mags through it and it functioned flawlessly; shot straight, functioned well with no problems, and that's with WOLF 9mm. I immediately replaced the stock with the ATI model and added a UTG/Leapers red dot.

This gun is so much fun! By far the most "bang for the buck" (get it?) I've seen, considering I've spent something like 200 bucks on the complete package and it shoots great! Plus, the customer service from both Hi-Point and ATI has been nothing short of outstanding!

I've had a grand total of one single solitary feed jam in lord-knows how many rounds fired and the gun shoots very well! I admit I'd love to see some real, quality, higher capacity mags released but if that's my worst complaint, I'm perfectly happy.

Bottom line is that the Hi-Point 995 is a great little carbine from a company that stands behind their products, even if "style" isn't something they really have their heads around. Add an ATI stock and you've got an attractive, fun, reliable and extremely inexpensive package! I love my Hi Point!

Josh

joshhipointsmall.jpg  
http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Last edited by JoshX3Magazine; 04-14-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: may as well add a pic!