High Point 995 9mm Carbine
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > High Point 995 9mm Carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default High Point 995 9mm Carbine

Does anybody have any experiance with this weapon?
I am thinking about buying one and putting on the ATI Cx4 clone stock.
Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #2

Hi,

Reliability and practical accuracy are all I ever seem to read about with this carbine. The only complaint seems to be mag capacity as it only holds ten rounds.
The manufacturer's lifetime warranty is a BIG plus in the favorable column.
They must be popular here in my neck of the woods because I can never find one to handle in my area. Last couple of times I went looking, all I got was "we had one, but it sold last week and now they're backordered."
I may end up having to special order one. Personally, I like to handle a firearm before I lay down my money for it.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #3

I've got one and like it a lot. Shoot well, cheap to shoot and cheap to buy. I've also got the ATI stock you were talking about. Makes it look pretty sweet but my only complaint is that I got a 15rd mag and it wont fit with that stock. Would definitely recommend getting it though.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #4

I don't have one, but was also thinking of getting one. I heard they are hard to break down, is that true?

Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

My standard statement about High Point firearms: I've got one of their pistols in .380. It's ugly and clunky. It feels cheap and it's an ergonomic nightmare. Having said that, it has never failed to feed any ammo and it goes off every time the trigger is pulled. I've fed it ball, hollow points and frangible rounds, namely Glasers. It eats it all.

The one thing that I really don't like about it is that the striker hits the primer of a live round when clearing it.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I cant beleive I missed this thread lol.

So it seems like these are halfways decent guns on a budget. Cheap and fun to shoot, and no one is saying to avoid these guns, correct?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #7

Default HighPoint 995 (9mm) Carbine and C9 pistol

I read all the reviews (good, bad and ugly) before buying both the 995 Carbine and the C9 pistol. I love them both for what they are. Cheap to buy and cheap to shoot. I let friends and my nephews plink with them and I don't have to stress about scratches or scuffs. They are VERY reliable but I did have an issue with the C9 pistol not feeding correctly straight out of the box. I called highpoint customer service and the guy told me to tweak the upper lips (wings) of the magazine outward just a little. That was a year ago and I have never had a single feeding problem since - no matter what type of ammo. I have some nicer guns but these I can leave in the back of my car for when I just feel like squeezing off a few rounds. I bought my 995 carbine with the ATI stock and it looks so much cooler than the original stock.

Have fun with yours!

Old 11-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #8

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I have the 40 S&W version, the 4095. Fantastic little gun. Accurate and totally reliable. 2 weeks ago I even used it to kill a doe at 30 yards. One shot and she went about 50 yards before expiring. I've had deer go farther after a shot with a 30-06. The lungs were shredded. Hornady 180 Gr. HP bullets were used. So it even has "sporting purposes" just like the gun banners are always talking about!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #9

Default They look cheap and cheesy BUT

they work GREAT. Excellent plinkers, reliable and FUN!

If they would make the stock a little more pleasing to the eye and alter the magazine well to accept Glock mags, this could be a near perfect low end carbine. I am NOT a big fan of the Hi Point magazines - the true weak point in their firearms ( well, unless the looks of the guns disturb you- they are "not too pretty" as my Dad used to say about a homely cousin).

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I first bought the 4095 in 40 S&W and 5 spare mags about 3 weeks ago then on Wed. morning I took a little drive up to Tn. and did a FTF for a 995 I'll be sending it in for a check up and ordering a but pack with 2 mags 43.00 delivered