Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hi Point 9mm Carbine (First Impressions)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Hi Point 9mm Carbine (First Impressions)

Hi all, FINALLY had good enough weather to get out in the woods yesterday and finally try out my newest purchase, the Hi Point 9mm Carbine

The Gun is awesome. I had zero feed or jamming issues. I had spent some time over the winter loading and unloading the mags to stretch the springs, I think that helped a lot.

Shot 350 rounds through it. On the 5th mag I had issues with the um forward sight on the end of the barrel. The Allen screws holding it to the barrel were a bit loose I think from the factory, and the sight just sorta started flying around in circles until I took it off. At least it's an easy fix, although High Point will always take their guns back and fix them for you if you need it.

without the sight on the front it was a little hard to find accuracy, but even without it it worked all right from about 30yds to point and shoot on some Potatoes. Without that front sight It's less accurate but I would imagine WITH the front sight attached correctly it would be pretty accurate at least to 50 yards or so.

Anyway that's my review, I finally got to shoot my Hi Point carbine, and it was everything I had hoped.

If you're on the fence about one of these weapons, I would say go get it it's definitely worth the cost!

Henry Lever action .22 rifle
Hi Point 995 TSFG 9mm Carbine
Mossberg 500A 18in 12 gauge
Kel Tec PMR 30 .22 WMR

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #2

I like mine, fun to shoot.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #3

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMarsh
Hi all, FINALLY had good enough weather to get out in the woods yesterday and finally try out my newest purchase, the Hi Point 9mm Carbine

The Gun is awesome. I had zero feed or jamming issues. I had spent some time over the winter loading and unloading the mags to stretch the springs, I think that helped a lot.

Shot 350 rounds through it. On the 5th mag I had issues with the um forward sight on the end of the barrel. The Allen screws holding it to the barrel were a bit loose I think from the factory, and the sight just sorta started flying around in circles until I took it off. At least it's an easy fix, although High Point will always take their guns back and fix them for you if you need it.

without the sight on the front it was a little hard to find accuracy, but even without it it worked all right from about 30yds to point and shoot on some Potatoes. Without that front sight It's less accurate but I would imagine WITH the front sight attached correctly it would be pretty accurate at least to 50 yards or so.

Anyway that's my review, I finally got to shoot my Hi Point carbine, and it was everything I had hoped.

If you're on the fence about one of these weapons, I would say go get it it's definitely worth the cost!
Did you get the ts

Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #4

yep i have the ts

Kel Tec PMR 30 .22 WMR

Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5693 Times on 3341 Posts
Likes Given: 4847

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMarsh View Post
yep i have the ts
Pic of the Tshirt?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Pic of the Tshirt?
lol yeah here you go

Kel Tec PMR 30 .22 WMR

Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5693 Times on 3341 Posts
Likes Given: 4847

The Tshirt, not the target.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #8

Well now you've confused me. I was under the impression ibwar asked if i had the 995ts model. If there's some actual Tshirt somewhere it's news to me

Kel Tec PMR 30 .22 WMR

Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #9

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMarsh
Well now you've confused me. I was under the impression ibwar asked if i had the 995ts model. If there's some actual Tshirt somewhere it's news to me
Lol I was asking if you have the ts model. I have Ben wonting to get a hi point carbine but I can't decide if I won't 9mm,.49,or .45. What made you won't the 9mm.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #10

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Now I am confused, taking the TS out to shoot myself to get it all straightened back out.