Hi Point 995 Carbine 9mm - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hi Point 995 Carbine 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The High Point charging handle is on the left, but it ejects to the right, pretty much dead on straight to the right.

I just picked up one used. It has some stovepipe issues, but I knew that before buying. I know HP will fix it for me, even though I am not the first owner. I will probably send it in for a check up soon., but want to try some more ammo varieties first. It has the ATI stock on it already.

it will be easier for my wife and 14 year old to shoot than my Mosin Nagants!

Hope you enjoy yours!

Tom

Old 11-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Is it true that you cant used the ATI stock, with a 15 round mag? I read taht you cant, but found a picture that proved otherwise

Right out of the box it won't fit. With a little bit of modification to the block at the bottom of the mag however, you could get it to fit. All you would have to do is either cut or grind the block a little and it fits no problem.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #13

Default highpoint 995

I've got the 9mm carbine with the ATI stock and my only complaint is the small magazine. I am looking for the 15RD mag (brand name "PROMAG") and can only find them online. Mine works like a champ and has never misfired even with cheap, reloaded FMJ. I also have a Highpoint c9 (9mm) pistol and it only has an 8RD mag - bummer. I prefer shooting my Springfield XD9 but these highpoint clunkers are so cheap and yet still reliable that I don't mind leaving them in the back of the car for whenever i get near a spot to shoot.

have fun with yours!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks guys, I love this site.

I called yesterday, and they were out of stock. I am going to try and find another gun shop, but the only other one I know of wont even order them in

I'm trying!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #15

Picked up the gun today. Only had time to put 10 rounds through it. But I loved it, its accurate and solid straight out of the box. Its really in a league of its own.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #16

Sorry for the pictures. I was racing to do this thing. I am going to call them and send it in tomorrow, since I have been told that they will accept with the aftermarket stock.

Anyways, here they are

My starting mess.

Either the stock wasnt perfecly made, or my receiver cover was tweaked. Either way, where the cover rested I had to grind off a little so it would sit lower so I could get the bolt through the hole. And there was no easy way to get this on. I'm going to stock up on break free spray for when I clean this. Because there is no way I am willing to take this off again.

And the finished product. Ill get better pictures, and more pictures of it soon when I get my red dot on it.

I didnt mess with any of the internals now. However when I pull back the bolt, it sounds and feels like the spring is doing something weird. I dont know if I never noticed it before, and now I'm being overly critical. Or if something really shifted in the move. Either way, Hi point should find it and figure it out I would hope.