Hi-Point - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hi-Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 01:51 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hi-Points are ugly, big and heavy but they go bang when you pull the trigger. For under two bills(handguns) what more do you expect?

Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
My first gun was a used C-9 for $100. No problems at all with it.

Like others I now have better built guns so the hi-point does not get used as often. It does have a brother that gets shot more often.
The new 995TS carbine. It is just as reliable and more fun to shoot than the C-9 IMO.
Buy what you want, but for $200 you could do much worse.

I've been looking for a good c9 to go with my 995TS...

Old 08-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #53

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat_hunter View Post
Hi-Points are ugly, big and heavy but they go bang when you pull the trigger. For under two bills(handguns) what more do you expect?
That's all I ever need. Thinking of getting one to keep at home. Seems perfect for the job.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
That's all I ever need. Thinking of getting one to keep at home. Seems perfect for the job.
Exactly. the only gun I don't want is the one that goes *click* when I pull the trigger...

Old 08-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #55
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

This is one time I'm gonna run "Accross the Grain" with many posters here! I'd had an FFL, and sold and Bought a lot of guns before that and after that! I have Sold and Bought Raven 25's and Jennings 25 and 22's! I have boiught and sold Davis Semi-auto's and a lot of other guns I begged the folks to buy a better gun instead! I have Bought a Few Hi- points Both i the Carbine as well as the Hangun and thier is a Valid reason they give you a LIFETIME WARRANTY! I've had falures from custumers shooting factory loads in a 9MM, a 45, all the 40's seemed to hol up better! Was this right away. NO! Was it a catestrophic falure a few times! YES! Cracked SLIDE and a CRACKED FRAME! Both of these "SHINNING EXAMPLES" were of course covered under warranty and the customer got a new gun each time! The Carbines in 9MM I've never seemed to see any problem! Now, Please tell me, that I don't know what I'm talking about, that I didn't see what I saw and never had to ship back near 5 of these "LUMPS", in as many years? Tell me that Big Blocky, poorly balleneced guns were a better buy then a Used Police Model of any brand? Tell me that the Junker 9MM Jennings were worse? I'd love to hear it, as I have sold all of these and know the real results! If you have one of these and it serves you, WONDERFULL! I hope that you get good use out of it and I'm never saying that this gun is worse than no gun at all, BUT FOLKS< YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER FOR THE SAME $! Buy a Bulgarian Makarov, a PA-63, a P-64 Polish, a Used model 10 from a Police turn in, add a few X the cost and buy a GLOCK! Buy something that will last and you can pass down to your kids and Grandkids, not a LUMP that you will need to fix and replace! The same $ will buy you so MUCH MORE and a BETTER DEAL!

Yes, I am one of those that SAYS I HATE HI-POINT FIREARMS! I sell what folks want, but try for the Love of god to sell them most any other gun than these! It's not a GUN SNOB DEAL, it's a WHAT WORKS DEAL! Trust me, in time you will have problems with that HI=POINT! It's just not made any better than a Jennings 9MM and those were JUNK and I'm glad they stopped making it! The J-22 is a smaller, kigher gun and most times, at least these go BANG? I mean, without showing you in cracked slide and frame oarts? Sound like a gun you can count on and pass down? NOPE! Cheap Yea, work, Yea, most times, worth the $, NOPE! You can buy dam near anything else and be better served! RON L

I've had a C-9 for 13 years now. My brother gave it to me. I've shot countless amounts of ammo thru it. I have never had any problems. I guess I just have not had it long enough for the cheap "pos" to self destruct. You are right I could do better!!!