Hi-Point - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hi-Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
RL357Mag - thanks for the information on the 4095 Carbine! I have considered it for several reasons, one being chambered at 40 SW, I thought it would be a great piece to have if ever I had to clear the house vs my .45 Colt. The availability of a tactical rail system is nice also. Definately on my wish list.

You're welcome Dunerunner. I bought mine as a companion for my .40 Beretta. It sits by my bedside ready to rock. I thought about putting the scope mount on it with a red dot sight and getting the under-barrel laser/light mount, but the gun is so accurate with the peep sights I figured why bother. It's a natural pointer and I can hit what I shoot at from the waist. I have over 1000 rds through mine, so for the first time I took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly - it wasn't hard at all to disassemble and reassemble. Once the receiver shroud is taken off everything is exposed. Only problem is it can't be cleaned from the breech because of the closed receiver - no access to the barrel.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-31-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #42

Default Hi point

... Hi point seems to catch a lot of controversy about their product. I own a .40 cal handgun and carbine. I've harvested most of my deer with the carbine. As for the handgun, I've shot around 1000 rounds out of it and never once has it jammed, misfired, or anything. I was able to put 10 rounds in a grouping the size of a 50 cent piece at 30 yards, so it's pretty accurate. The thing I like most is that the handgun and carbine use the same magazines. What problems have y'all been having with your hi points???

Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #43

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NComfort View Post
... Hi point seems to catch a lot of controversy about their product. I own a .40 cal handgun and carbine. I've harvested most of my deer with the carbine. As for the handgun, I've shot around 1000 rounds out of it and never once has it jammed, misfired, or anything. I was able to put 10 rounds in a grouping the size of a 50 cent piece at 30 yards, so it's pretty accurate. The thing I like most is that the handgun and carbine use the same magazines. What problems have y'all been having with your hi points???
Good post, and I can say the only issue I've encountered is an occasional fail to feed ond the .45 pistol. I also have the 4095, and no issues at all. I have about 2k rounds thru my pistol and I can count the number of fail to feed one hand.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Every Hi-Point that I've owned has been top notch. I had a problem with my mags dropping loose while shooting. I looked over the drawing and figured out the problem and called Hi Point. They said I could send the gun in and they would fix it. I told them the problem and what I needed (a little bent spring). They sent three new related parts the next day, no cost. If you have ever seen "Gun-Tests", they buy guns and test them against other similar guns. Although they have commented on "ugly, and blocky and such", they always conclude that it shoots more accurately than the competition and has a great trigger. They are unruly for carry, but for a bedside gun, truck gun and basic self defense in the garage or anywhere needed, it's a good buy. I have a .380, 9 and .45. I trade a lot of different guns, but not those.

Dave

Old 12-11-2009, 04:05 AM   #45

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have had a High Point 9mm for several years. I have to say that it is not pretty. Mine after I have no idea how many rounds still shoots everytime and is fairly accurate. I carry mine in my truck ( I travel a lot of back roads at night for work) and have always felt comfortable that it would fire if needed. For the money I say get one, hey if nothing else with the weight of the thing after you empty the clip you still have a good heavy club.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #46

My first gun was a used C-9 for $100. No problems at all with it.

Like others I now have better built guns so the hi-point does not get used as often. It does have a brother that gets shot more often.
The new 995TS carbine. It is just as reliable and more fun to shoot than the C-9 IMO.
Buy what you want, but for $200 you could do much worse.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:08 AM   #47

Liked 427 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 1259

i like hi-points never had any problems with the one i have,i dont use it for self defense but not saying that i wouldnt pick it up if it were the only fire arm available either.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 AM   #48

Liked 86 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Arctic 995

Ive had a 995 carbine for awhile, wish they had interchangeable high capacity mags compatable with Glock, Sig or Ruger handguns.

I would have never bought one, the money was right but passed them by on many occasions, one day I received a damaged one from a guy cleaning a house, the previouse owner had shot reloads in it and blew it up and threw it away, for $14.73 in postage I mailed Hi-Point that blown up gun that someone gave me and Hi-Point sent me a basicly new gun back.

Its a good gun, it isant a $700 gun so dont compare them with ones that are
for what they cost they do ther job very well.
If offerd to sell it, I would so I could trade up to the 4095, if they actually did make the .4595 that is what I'd settle on for shure.

I opted for the ATI stock after awhile due to the larger trigger guard, I like that.

Its a good shooter, accurate, havent had any problems with feeding different types bullets, it functions good in the cold and the coldest so far that Ive shot it has been -23F, I havent abused it or not clean'dit, it gets just as much consideration as any other when shooting/cleaning/storage.

Would be nice if they marketed a bolt buffer for it.

Last edited by Rex in OTZ; 12-29-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:58 AM   #49

I got my 995 from a friend before I even knew what a hipoint was,I had shot it a couple of times and one day he asked if I wanted to buy it.
No problems at all,he's even hinted about buying it back.......Good luck!!!!

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #50

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I bought a C9 a while back as a truck gun/screw around gun, I wouldnt CC it,(its a freaking brick), but runs reliably with only a few malfunctions when first breaking it in. Have about 400 rounds through it since the last malfunction.... for the price it does what its spose to i guess.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix