Hi-Point - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hi-Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorst294 View Post
Wow, RL357mag actually changed my opinion about actually owning one of these guns. I can't believe i'm saying this, but I might eventually pick one up. I think they're extremely ugly, but I've seen one with an aftermarket stock that looked much better. I think it sounds like a fun gun to shoot, and economical in 9mm. And even if I didn't like it, it's not like I"m out a whole lot of money.
And I'll bet, if you didn't like it, you could probably find a buyer, and not lose all that much of what you spent on it.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 07-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #32

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorst294 View Post
Wow, RL357mag actually changed my opinion about actually owning one of these guns. I can't believe i'm saying this, but I might eventually pick one up. I think they're extremely ugly, but I've seen one with an aftermarket stock that looked much better. I think it sounds like a fun gun to shoot, and economical in 9mm. And even if I didn't like it, it's not like I"m out a whole lot of money.
Have you ever deen one in person? I don't think they are ugly at all - they have a "tactical" look. They are so light you can hold and shoot it with one hand. I am going to buy the 9mm carbine also, just because I know how accurate and reliable the .40 is!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #33

I own a 9mm Hi Point handgun. I do like the carbin and would like to buy one someday. I really like the feel of the handgun and the only thing I would like to change is the mag release as I hit it with my thumb and it will cause a jam. I put I would say at or over 3000 rounds through my 9mm Hi Point before first cleaning. I got this gun as a cheap first handgun to learn on and get use to firing. I had shot a few rifles growing up but was not that big of a gun guy. I went to get my CCW and a few guys laughed at me for having the gun and the instructor said he had not shot or see one at the range so it should be interresting. I went with the second group to shoot they all had some high dollar guns and me with my 115.00 Hi point. My grouping were a little tighter and no real jams. The only jam I had was I hit the mag release with my thumb. I would like to see if I can maybe get this shaved down and not cause that problem.

On another note a guy from another board had one that went through Katrina hurrican and it was toast he sent it back to Hi Point and they either redid it or replaced it no questions asked. He sent another pistol back to S&W and they sent it back saying nothing they could do to it to fix it sorry. That says a lot about a company that will do this at their own cost and they sent him an extra mag.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:06 AM   #34

Default i own one

i have the c9 and that gun shoots well it shoots point to aim and it functions very well when i was starting out in armed security many years ago i carried one still have it but retired it for a s&w sigma my son who happens to tag along with me to the range shoots it and hes one of the better shooters i have seen for a kid his age 14 but its also personal prefrence.. All guns are man made so they can all mess up just hope they dont when you need them i have seen glocks jam when they were really needed and i have seen hi points jam i have seen shot guns no feed properly i have seen m4's jam up so its some times unavodiable crap happens

Old 07-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #35

A friend of mine has a HP .380... I ran a few clips through it; it's ok.

He has put over thousand rounds through it with no problems.

The thing I have a problem with is field stripping... Uhh, I geuss it's not designed to do so, weird. That, or myself and my buddy are not smart enough to figure it out. The slide just will not come off.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #36

Default feild stripping the high point

ok there is a small pin in the back of the gunon the frame when you have the slide all the way back you can see it you have to have a punch or some kind and a hammer tap it out and the pin will come out making the slide come off that simple becareful not to lose the pin or spring good luck

Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 AM   #37

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have nothing but good things to say about my 4095 Carbine and HiPoints' customer service! They did more for me than any other gun manufacturer I have ever contacted. They even worked on the triggerto make it smoother amd gave me a free magazine, sling, and stock.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-23-2008, 02:44 AM   #38

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

RL357Mag - thanks for the information on the 4095 Carbine! I have considered it for several reasons, one being chambered at 40 SW, I thought it would be a great piece to have if ever I had to clear the house vs my .45 Colt. The availability of a tactical rail system is nice also. Definately on my wish list.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #39

Default i want one too

I saw the Hi Point at a gun show, and talked to the dealer who is a large well known dealer in South Dakota, he said he's had good luck with them and never any complaints. I have very little money and want a 40 carbine, and some pistols, a few of each of their selection to be exact, i looked at them, and i expect what i paid for out of them. If they fire and keep firing even dirty and or flopping around on the floor with an intruder/terrorist/criminal of somekind and i could shoot or club them with it, that is great. I will be glad to get one someday.

<striving to enter at the narrow gate>

Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #40

I have the 995 9mm carbine and that thing is awesome.