Help please on getting right price - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Help please on getting right price

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you guys. I think this is my new favorite addiction

Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #12

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjazzblue
Thank you guys. I think this is my new favorite addiction
Welcome to the club. Also we will not help your addiction, it will only get worse if you hang around here.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I agree with everyone else, granted this was before the recent buying craze but I built my first AR (purchased an assembled upper) for just under $700. So far I have not had any issues whatsoever with my PSA build.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjazzblue View Post
So I'm thinking about buying this AR that is beautiful and is custom built, but I don't know if I'm getting the right price or if I should go lower. He's saying that he will give me the AR if I give him my used Ruger P95 with two extended clips + $1200. The riffle specs are as follows (it's Greek to me but I'm trying to learn)

Taken from email:
"Rifle Specs: Stripped Aero upper and lower. nice tight fighting match. Arp 16inch scout profile barrel which is Melonite treated and will last longer then 30% longer then chrome lined. Pri muzzle break which takes away much of the recoil and is designed to help with shooter noise. BCM mid length charging handle(makes easier to charge when scope is attached to rifle. arstoner Bolt carrier group. midwest industries ss gen2 hand guard. magpul moe stock with 5 position buffer tube. magpul rubberized grip. magpul vertical grip. cmmg lower parts kit... the rifle is very light and is not a bench gun. i just like the bi pod for extra stability when range shooting with my other rifles. you cant really get a whole lot lighter then this rifle onless you get a pencil thin barrel and a composite receiver, which are junk...
1200 can get you a pretty nice AR and you keep your pistol. Prices are going down..this one looks to not h ave hears the news.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #15

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Here are some options that are currently in stock at palmetto state armory ,
the bottom one is basically what your getting except it has a $50 stock , $24 grip and a $150 hand guard on it so add another $225 to the price , except you are getting a much better quality rifle with the PSA stuff . The top ends are all prebuilt and pop on with 2 pins , the lower needs built but really its super easy and doesnt take any special tools.
Keep in mind all of these kits are excellent and all include the C158 bolt in the BCG
Option 1 has a $400 aimpoint red dot that comes with it along with the magpul CTR stock and MOE grip
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/psa-16-mid-premium-pro-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Option 2 has the nice looking MI hand guard , 18" hammer forged barrel and a nice trigger
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/13351/s/psa-18-hammer-forged-ss15g2-rifle-kit/

Option 3 is the bargain basic M4 , still a high quality platform , just no fancy stuff . I have built many rifle from this platform all run 100%
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/13350/s/psa-16-m4-carbine-rifle-kit/

All of these are well under what the guy is asking for and you get to keep your ruger . I know you will be getting a 100% quality rifle from PSA and If I was closer I would build the lower for you for nothing just to help you out and get you headed down the right road , Mags run $15-$20 DEPENDING ON THE MANUFACTURER

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 05-21-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #16

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

He's getting a little greedy. Not sure on the price of a used P95, but I wouldn't even give him $1200 for a used rifle like that.

If ARP stands for ARPerformance, it is a good barrel.

The AR Stoner BCG is junk.

PASS

btw, follow PureHavoc's suggestion, that PSA Aimpoint Pro package is a great deal, for the same price and you get to keep your P95 and get a new rifle. Get a C158 full auto BCG (bolt carrier group)

Read my sticky and it'll clear a lot of things up.

AR15 Primer

Usefull AR general info

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #17

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Just sayin', I got a lightly used Colt AR15 with a great OE barrel

a couple weeks ago for 1500$. So this deal sounds a little

high to me.

But I'm an obsessive bargain shopper.

I'm not that familiar with the brand name of

which you speak.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2156 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Right now is a bad time to buy an AR. If this panic goes like the last panic next summer you will be able to find decent AR kits for $400. Once the panic ends manufacturers are bound to over produce. They will need to move the AR inventory to make room for other production runs. Prices will drop like a rock at that point.

I wouldn't trade my P95 for the rifle heads up. You will have a hard time finding another P95. Ruger seems to be dedicated to the SR series of pistols. You can't find another pistol that is better than the P95 from a function standpoint. You might find pistols that are more desirable but they aren't better.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 05-22-2013 at 11:28 PM.
therewolf Likes This 
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #19

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

What I've been seeing all over is a F***-ton of plastic crap,

but very few really good deals on decent pistols.

I have to agree I wouldn't make this trade right now,

it just doesn't sound right.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
... Tell that guy to pound sand...
You can be so poetic!!